Saturday 5 March 2011

Baby Dragon

I've made this pink dragon baby card on a totally monochrome colour scheme, there is nothing but black ink, white embossed papers and pink, well, pink everything else !!! I've used pink promarkers to colour the dragon, pink pearls for decorations, pink flowers from Wild Orchid, pink ribbon, pink papers from Robyn's Fetish Coney Island Summer paper range and embossed dots, and finally Baby die cuts from sizzlits that I've glittered up to the max for extra bling.  The image is from the very talented Dustin Pike and I love him (I mean there that I love the dragon, not Dustin; although I'm sure Dustin is lovely too!!). I've usually coloured him in green, but as I was going for a monochrome theme, thought I'd see what he looked like in pink, and I'm quite pleased.  I always think you can never have too much pink!

I've been inspired by the following:
Happy crafting

17 comments:

Tine said...

Hi Netty. Great card. Love the subtle shade of pink you have chosen and your dragon suits it too! Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
Tine :)

Donna Mosley said...

AWW! Netty I am so loving this little cutie. Amazing colouring and lovely pretty pinks.

Donna x

Dorcas said...

OMGoodness this is so adorable!!Thanks so much for taking the time to join in our challenge at Phindy's this week!
Hugs,
Dorcas

Antonella said...

What a cute baby dragon!!! Very sweet - love the colors. Hugs, antonella :-)

Colleen said...

Absolutely adorable and fabulous details and textures! Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch Challenge Blog!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

so adorable and I love Dustin's dragon in pink! Thanks for playing with us at the Critter Sketch Challenge this week!
Hugs,
Georgia

Christine L said...

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhh how lovely! All pink and sparkly..... just my type! Fab layout Annette - lovely card altogether...
Hugs
Christine x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Netty, what a gorgeously girly card! I love the image and your colouring is fab. Great choice of papers. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Sharon Caudle said...

Super cute card! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

oheidia said...

Hi Netty! I love this dragon! Really a cute image and fab colouring. Thanks for joining our challenge at PFP:=)

coops said...

gorgeous card netty.i love the sweet image and perfectly pink colours and details.
thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Rach said...

awwww, how sweet love the image that you have used. thank you for playing along with my sketch @ friday sketchers. hugs rachx

Michele Roos said...

Such an adorable card Netty. Love the colours and the image. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Gro said...

Your card is beautiful, and the colouring is great. Thanks for joining us at PfP.
Hugs :o)

Vixykins said...

Thank You for joining in with our Sugar Rush challenge at Passion for Promarkers with your lovely design, ahh really cute dragon x

Unknown said...

Oh hoooooow cute is this card, I love his dragons as well - thank you so much for joining us over at Stamp Something this week :) Alex x

Anne-Marije said...

You've made a very nice card!
Thanks for your participation in the Phindy's Place challenge...
xxx Anne-Marije