Friday 9 December 2011

Barry Countdown To Christmas & a Plea for Help

Ok, let's get my pathetic plea for help out of the way.  I wanted a wireless printer and after doing some research got an Epson Stylus SX515W about a year ago.  It has given me nothing but problems with the ink ever since.  It has never liked cartridges when they are less than half full, and so only uses half the ink and then says the cartridge is incompatible, even though it is meant to be compatible and there is loads of ink left.

Anyway, up until today, changing the cartridge has always fixed this.  But today it decided that it doesn't like the Magenta at all, so everything is coming out green.  I've tried 3 brand new Magenta cartridges, and each time the printer recognises it, charges the ink, but doesn't use that colour when it prints. I've tried cleaning the print-heads, gone through all the menu settings, but nada.  It is not playing ball.

Now I know it is Christmas, so the colour green is seasonal, but I just can't have green holly with no red berries !! Can anyone help?  Please leave a comment or email me if you know any solution to this.  I wish I'd stuck with HP now !!!

Right, back to business.  It is Friday (thank goodness!) so there is a new release and freebie today at Stamp Fairy.  Today's set is a real cutie set of Barry's Countdown to Christmas.  Here is a card I've made using one of the digis from the newly released set (luckily printed before my printer started acting up).  Isn't Barry adorable !


Please pop on over to Stamp Fairy to see the newly released digi images.


Don't forget there is a sale on too at the moment.  It's a great time to stock up on all your favourite cuties.


Here's a preview of the full set:

Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy Crafting

16 comments:

Nikbee said...

A gorgeous card. I love the paper and Barry looks so cosy.
Sorry I can't help with the printer - I used to have a Lexmark wireless printer that seemed to eat printing ink, too, so I'm glad I'm back to my HP one (not wireless, but much more economical).
Nikki x

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Annette, Barry looks gorgeous.
Cant help with the printer sorry, I'm an HP girl.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Lovely card Annette - love the blues. Sorry can't help with your printer probs either ... I'm an HP girl too! Hope you get it sorted though. Helen x

Sudha said...

Cute creation n lovely colors too.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com
http://sudha-kalra.blogspot.com/p/shop.htmltion

Debs said...

Adorable card Annette - super cute image.
Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorsts this week.
Good luk.
Debs xx

Deb said...

Beautiful card!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
have a fabulous, crafty weekend, Debxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab shape & really cute!

Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenge & Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Carissa said...

Great card. Sorry that I cannot help with your printer problems. I hope that you can get it fixed soon. Hugs, Carissa

Misty's said...

Fantastic card Annette! I have got an "HP photosmart printer" and it is a disaster. It has been changed 3 times by HP because it is still in guarantee but it has been hell with all 3. Problems with the print heads , cartridges, prints horizontal lines across pictures . Would definitely stay away from this model. Not to mention how much paper I have wasted and how much ink it uses considering I never print on best quality!! I have not tried any other brands. I am on a look out for new printer myself.
Michaela xx

Anonymous said...

Oh hunny sorry to hear about the printer probs, I too have a HP photosmart printer, But un like Michaela mine is AWESOME! love it and would not change it!

I LOVE your barry card so cute! LOVE the hint of red on the baubles too!

Great to see you at ABC Christmas challenge this time too! hugs Samantha :0)

kbrandy4 said...

Hi Netty, Gorgeous cute card!! Thanks for joining our shaped card challenge at I Love Promarkers!
Hugs
Hazel xx

Lorraine said...

Very cute card. Lovely image. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Sorry about your printer. What a bummer. I have always had Epson and I use JetTec inks in mine. If I were you, I'd contact Epson themselves. I've always found them very helpful if I've ever needed help. Although, thinking about it, if you're using compatible inks, they'll probably blame them anyway. Hope you get it sorted soon though.

Jan said...

This is great thanks for joining us at CCC xx Jan

Angie said...

Gorgeous Christmas card love the image and the colours. Thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly
Angie x

Dorte said...

Such an adorable card, I love Barry and the touch of red. Hope you will ger your printer problems fixed soon. Thanks for joining our Y for Yipee challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge this time and good luck. Dorte x

Cazza said...

A fabulous Christmas Card!
Thanks for playing along in our Christmas Fun challenge this month over at Pollycraft :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx