Wednesday 13 November 2013

Winter Wishes

The theme today at ABC Christmas Challenge is 'Winter Wishes'.  I've used Sabrina from our sponsor, Saturated Canary which is not a winter image, but I've coloured her in frosty colours and used my lovely Silent Night papers (again!).

Hmm, I admit that she might not exactly be dressed for winter, but hopefully no-one will pick up on the fact that she might be a bit chilly in that skimpy dress!  A scarf, hat and gloves might not go amiss.

That's probably an age 'thing' though, because I remember when I was younger going out into town for a night out with my pals dressed in similar attire, even if the paths were covered in frost.  The youngsters still go out in their skimpy frocks, whereas now I would wear more to go to bed!!

I layered all of my Silent Night paper panels onto shimmer kraft coloured card, wrapped around some textured white wool and added some white pearls.

I seem to be on a C&S drive with my Christmas projects at the moment (take a look at Monday's post for C&S extreme) but I might need to have an embellishment frenzy tomorrow to make up for it!!   :0)



See my cards available to buy on eBay

eBay


Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting.
Annette
xx

16 comments:

Sarah said...

A lovely card Annette, despite the short sleeves!! Love the yarn, it looks like icicles xx

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Gorgeous card Annette ... and I know what you mean about the youngsters of today going out in skimpy attire!!!!! Love your papers and the texture of the yarn makes me think of a frosty branch.
Helen x

Kim said...

gorgeous 'winter' card!
Kim x

Mojca said...

Oh the card is so beautiful Annette! I love your colouring. hugs! MOjca

Carol S. said...

Another beautiful card. You could have out a few bits of holly in her posy! The school kids going passed my house every day, don't even wear a jacket in the rain! Hugs, Carol S.xx

Carol S. said...

Another beautiful card. You could have out a few bits of holly in her posy! The school kids going passed my house every day, don't even wear a jacket in the rain! Hugs, Carol S.xx

Chrissy said...

She is just beautiful Annette...gorgeous colouring..

luv CHRISSYxx

Debs said...

Simply stunning.
Debs xx

Dorte said...

I love your little 'summer' beauty, but if she was my girl she should wear more clothes ;). She is coloured so beautiful, Annette,
enjoy your evening,
Dorte xx

Christine L said...

So gorgeous hon... and you really made me smile when you said you go to bed now wearing more!

I think her summer flowers may give her away too, nevermind the skimpy dress... But she really is gorgeous so you can get away with it!

Hugs
Christine x

Sam K said...

What stunning colouring and a gorgeous CAS card. Yes she does look like she may get bit cold hehe, but the colours etc, definatley give it that wintery feel. How did you do your gorgeous cloud background? I can't get this style of background right to save my life..hehe...x
Little Pear Tree

Jennifer said...

I had to smile, Annette, about going out in the cold wearing something skimpy...I think we all did it!

Your card is gorgeous, coloured beautifully, and I agree with Samantha...that sky is amazing.

Thank you for entering our challenge at Crafty Little Fairies. We would also love you to join us again in future challenges.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Utterly love this Annette. That fringed cotton looks fabulous on the card and the lovely SC image is perfectly coloured. Hugs, Wends x

Sharon said...

A beautiful card Annette and your clouds are just too awesome for words. hugs xx

Anonymous said...

So super cute Annette love the colours and love the image you choose too! you have made her look GORGEOUS! hugs me xx

Curly said...

Wow superb colouring and layout, absolutely stunning creation :)

Thank you so much for joining us at
Without Words Challenge I Hope you will try to join us again :)
Have a lovely day
Crafty hugs
Bridget :)