Thursday 19 July 2018

Back on your paws

Although I've been in clean and simple mode a lot lately, I do still love creating some girlie cards with all the trimmings.  I also love pretty ribbons (I have all the colours in all the sizes!) and particularly love tying them into double bows alongside a little array of flowers.  I've used an organza ribbon here which makes a very tight knot with not too much bulk to the bow. This card was for my mother-in-law who fell over recently and broke her hip. She's on the mend now thankfully and hopefully this little meecie helped cheer her up.  Head over to the As You Like It Challenge to join in with our ribbons or buttons challenge.  I'm not a huge fan of adding buttons to a card (unless they're novelty ones). I think that stems from my sewing days and it still feels odd to put buttons on a card!




Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:
  • Fur: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs
  • Pinks: Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick
  • Grass: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Forest Moss
  • Rose: Abandoned Coral, Fired Brick, Worn Lipstick, Aged Mahogany

Card Recipe:

I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



14 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks lovely, perfect paper to echo the little cuties rose xx

Elaine Stark said...

Super cute and a perfect bow. Elaine

Squirrel x said...

The depth of colour you've achieved on that rose is brilliant hun, it looks real. Love that sweet mouse, and I guess the bow is okay (grins) xx

Sue said...

This is so pretty Annette, and what a cute mouse. Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a very happy weekend. Sue xx

Fikreta said...

super cute card!
hugs

Craftdee said...

Oh my, what a sweetie (beautifully coloured as always) ... all round lovely card - including that sentiment ;-)

I'm glad your MIL is feeling better, still it's not much fun recovering from a broken hip... I had a hip replacement four years ago age 55 and it was "okay", but I'm not sure I'd relish it once I was 20 years or so older: My Mum was 79 when she broke her hip,(fell over my Dad trying to get into the toilet he was too slow leaving, instead of going to one of the other two in their house, patience not her strong suit, lol) actually it was the top of her femur, she had a rod put in it and made a great recovery, she was only in hospital four days - pretty good for nearly 80

Stampin Mindy said...

This little guy is adorable. You have colored this little scene perfectly. The sentiment is is darling.

Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Good Luck!

♥ Mindy

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh your poor Mother-in-law! That's no small thing to break a hip!! I hope she's well on the mend and getting the physio etc she needs to bounce back to full health. What a lovely card for her and it's sure to have cheered her up. It's gorgeous Annette and I love your girlie style cards too, with all the ribbons and flowers. (Not to say I don't love your CAS ones, they're AMAZING! But I do so love your girlie cards too) I'm with you on the buttons too. I really struggle to add buttons to a card. I so admire pals who make it look so effortless and perfect, but I just can't. Hehe. Have an awesome day lovely. Hugs, Wends xoxo

debby4000 said...

Oh what an adorable card, love the sweet image and the fab details. Wishing your MIL a speedy recovery and I'm sure your card will cheer her up.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby

Donna Rudy said...

A gorgeous get well card sure to make anyone smile and feel better. Thank you for sharing your card in our challenge at Whimsy Stamps

Evelyn Walter said...

Oh, how lovely! Such a cute image and well embellished!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Country View Crafts this month.
Have a wonderful summer!
Evelyn xx

Unknown said...

What an adorable card! Great choice of an image. Thank you for sharing it with us at That’s Crafty! X

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Such a sweet card and fabulous colouring. Thank you for sharing your cazd in the Whimsy Stamps Challenge this month. Hugs Janine DT xx

Deni - Angel Handmade Papercraft said...

This is really beautiful, thankyou for Joining us on Whimsy Inspires Blog challenge this month DT Deni