Thursday 19 September 2019

Foxy Birthday

I've created a little scene using 3 stamp sets and some masking for my Father-in-Law's birthday.  He has done quite a lot of travelling in the past, so I designed the card to resemble a postcard by adding a few drawn lines and an intentionally wonky doodled postage stamp! (I'm usually soooo obsessive about lining things up straight, so I was actually quite proud that I wasn't twitching to straighten it!).  The 'price' and sentiment were typed (font: "Beneath Your Beautiful Chunk").  I realised afterwards that I should have used his age as the postage price, but I'd finished it by the time that light bulb switched on in my brain!  I'll remember that for next time (when I might just have to straighten up that postage stamp!!)

The card incorporates two stamp sets (fox and scenery) on the main image and a smaller fox from yet another set for the postage stamp.  I masked around the outside postage stamp square using post-it notes so that the fox only appears inside it. 


Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:

  • Foxes: Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Tattered Rose
  • Greens: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint
  • Sky: Tumbled Glass
  • Present: Stormy Sky, Candied Apple, Barn Door, Aged Mahogany

Card Recipe:


From Dies To Die For:

I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



1 comment: