Thursday 11 March 2021

Hello Foxy

I've been playing with my lovely foxies again today, but this time in a semi-no-lines version.

At As You Like It Challenge we're asking if you prefer to fussy cut, die cut or use a scan 'n' cut type machine to cut your images.  When I looked at my card history, I realised that I very very rarely cut out my images. I only have a few matching dies, I'm not great at fussy cutting (not helped by watercolour card being quite thick) and I've tried and failed to use the pix-scan option on my Silhouette.  However, what I do very often is to stamp my image onto a post-it note and fussy cut that to use as a mask which I then lay over the image and use blending brushes to ink a background.  Here's my image mid-way through this. I usually do this before I colour the image because I add some more tone and texture to the grass when I colour.




Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:

  • Fur: Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Tattered Rose
  • Greens: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss
  • Log: Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain
  • Sky: Tumbled Glass
  • Butterfly: Wilted Violet, Peeled Paint

Card Recipe:

I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



5 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A beautiful card, great colours and design. Elaine

Maryann scrapbooking said...

Waouh ! Magnifique coloration.
Carte adorable avec ce petit renard.
MaryannG

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable! Your colouring skills are amazing. Love this cute fox and your background, such sweet card!

Sarah said...

So that's how come your blended backgrounds always look so fantastic!! Gorgeous card, love the fox xx

Claire said...

Beauyiful image and love the blended background