Thursday 29 July 2021

Kitty Hexagon

We're talking pets today at As You Like It Challenge, so for me that means kitties. My home isn't complete without a feline furball or two. 

Our current furbabies, Pickle and Jenson (aka JB) are both rescue kitties and have definitely got us wrapped around their tiny furry paws.

So firstly here's my card using an adorable kitty from one of my new Penny Black stamp sets...
And then some pics of ickle Pickle, our timid calico sweetheart; she is more hubby's than mine (her choice), and she tends to be more of a house cat:




and here is Jenson, giving his angelic 'please pick me, I'll be as good as gold' RSPCA mugshot which was 'purrfectly' designed to lure us in:



This was before we knew what a little monkey he was going to be, and he swiftly turned into a bread-stealing, carpet-shredding, bin-trashing, treat-begging, duvet-hogging, carb-addicted, furry house-wrecker very soon after we brought him home:





(of course, we wouldn't change a thing about him !!!)


Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:

  • Fur: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs 
  • Sky: Tumbled Glass
  • Ground: Pumice Stone, Hickory Smoke, Black Soot

Card Recipe:

I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



6 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A beautiful card and equally beautiful cats. Jenson looks a bit of a handful. Elane

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Annette, love your soft colouring and fabulous card shape, as for your kitties, they are adorable and Jenson just cracked me up in the rubbish bin, so funny..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

That is a very sweet card Annette!! I am a firm believer that cats choose their owners so cheeky Jensen clearly thought that you would be the right couple to put up with his antics!! Just look at that butt hanging out of the bin...I do love animals with character!! Pickle on the other hand looks like she might just be the boss!! xx

Bunny said...

Lovely shaped card. [Bunny]

Evelyn Walter said...

Beautiful card, Annette! Your cat is lovely and the picture with the bin made me laugh out loud =)
Thank you for joining in with our July challenge over at Country View Crafts!
Evelyn xx

Brenda said...

Your card is beautiful, but I'm afraid your kitties steal the scene. Both are gorgeous felines. Pickle does seem to quietly command the house while Jensen definitely has those clown vibes. I love your pictures!