Thursday 7 March 2024

Happy Mother's Day

I love the bear images from Lili of the Valley so I've used this pretty image which is ideal for a Mother's Day card.  At As You Like It Challenge this week, we want to know if you prefer monochrome or colours on your crafting creations. I do prefer to restrict myself to a small number of colours on my images, rather than a whole rainbow, and I carry those colour themes through as accents on my papers, matting layers and any embelishments.  

For this card, I've concentrated on Spring lemons with some accents in orange and green. I've added a small hint of bronze (to match the bear's fur) in the form of a narrow strip of satin ribbon on the base matt (mainly to cover where I'd joined two smaller pieces of yellow card together beneath the image panel).






To finish off my card, I've foiled the typed sentiment using my Minc machine.  It's challenging to photograph the effect of the foil, but it does show fairly well in this photo.




Designed for:
As You Like It Challenge
Lili of the Valley
Papermill Direct

Water-coloured on Ecoline Watercolour Card with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:
  • Fur: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Tattered Rose, Tea Dye
  • Greens: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss
  • Sky: Tumbled Glass
  • Yellows: Squeezed Lemonade, Dried Marigold, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge

Card Recipe:

Papermill Direct:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



1 comment:

dolcreations said...

Annette...this card so adorable! It is such a treat to see your creations!