Monday 25 October 2010

Favourite Cards

Although I've been making cards since 2005, I've only been blogging for a few months, although I'm addicted already, and post new entries every week now. 

I love looking at the challenges on the blogs for inspiration, colour themes, sketches etc, and would love to have a go at inspiring others and see their interpretations of my designs.  Leaving comments for others is also great, as it is one of the motivators for most of us, knowing that other crafty minded people are appreciating our creations. 

Picking 3 favourite cards is a difficult challenge in itself, as I've currently got just over 200 cards in my stash waiting for a Christmas craft fayre in November.   However, I've settled on the following creations:

This image is from Penny Black, one of my original favourite stamp designers and the range of images that really got me keen on stamping.  The papers are an olive green digi download from Pink Petticoat and were great value. I've combined the green theme with silver, and incorporated a matt-silver ribbon and brad wrapped around one of the layers.  I've used my Twinking H2O water colour paints to give the image a sheen.


Card number 2 is my favourite Christmas image this year, the Igloo for Two from Lili of the Valley.  This time I've used my Promarkers and lots of glitter to colour the penguins, adding some blue tinted flowers to continue the blue colour theme.



And last but not least, a small image of Hedgy from Penny Black in a Santa boot.  Snowflakes are my favourite theme at Christmas so I've used them on the backing paper and also some punchies with some Liquid Pearl drops to give more texture.

3 comments:

Fiona said...

3 great cards Netty...good luck with the DT Call.

Fi

Christine said...

Cery cute cards, Netty! Thanks for entering our DT call!

Shana said...

What adorable creations! Thank you for entering the Paper Sundaes DT call - good luck!