Tuesday 11 June 2013

Masculine (Oh, noooooo!)

The theme today at Top Tip Tuesday is masculine.

Anyone who visits me often knows I'm worse than hopeless as masculine cards.  I love pink, cute, sparkle, ribbon and flowers too much.  However, it's Father's day this Sunday, so I gave myself a stern talking to and got crafting.

I'm not sure that I'm entirely happy with the finished card, but the image is just perfect for my dad, who's a bit of a DIY enthusiast.

I've used glossy accents on the spanner, and spectacles, added a couple of blue buttons (one spotty and one striped), sneaked in a bit of spotty ribbon (shhh, no one will notice!) and one of my own circular sentiments.



See my cards available to buy on eBay

eBay


Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting.

14 comments:

Sarah said...

Perfect card for Father's Day Annette, great image too!! x

Teresa said...

Good morning Annette,
Gorgeous male card
Take care, hugs Teresa xx

Mojca said...

Oh I think you did fabulous Annette! I love the image and those buttons are just perfect. hugs! Mojca

Kara Lynne said...

Masculine, but still true to you. Your dad will love it!

Wishcraft said...

You're NOT rubbish at male cards Annette, you're imagining things! This is a fab card, such a fun image and great design :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Janine said...

Great card for Father's Day.
Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes.
Hugs, Janine x

Jingle said...

Oh, isn't he just fun?! Beautiful coloring on him! Great card! Thanks so much for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!

Christine L said...

Love this fabulous image Annette... I bagged it from Birdies blog a little while back. Your dad will be tickled with it!!

Now..... for you pink fettish.... watch for the exciting news at In The Pink tomorrow!!

Hugs
Christine x

Lin said...

I echo your post title, as I also am not so good with the masculine cards. However, on this occasion your fears were clearly unfounded. I just love this, the image is so cute and your colour palette is perfect. The papers, like the weathered wood one are spot on for the image.

Thanks for sharing with us

Lin xx
Lexi's Creations

thecraftycavalier said...

Fabulous card Netty! Love the buttons. Thank you for joining us over at the Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog, hugs, Jayne x

Basslady said...

a fantastic card with a gorgeous image!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi (GD this week on lexi's creations challenge)

Jill said...

stunning creation thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Sandra said...

What a fun card! Love that DIY guy image! Really beautifully colored! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

Anonymous said...

He's fab! and a Fab male card! Thanks for sharing and playing at Here Come The Boys 'Use Ribbon' Challenge, that's not an easy one on a guys card! Woo xx