Tuesday 4 June 2013

Puppy Post

I've got a just for fun card to share today.  I couldn't resist these cute pups, so I've got a couple to share this week, and this is my first. Isn't he ADORABLE.  I just want to scoop him up for a snuggle.  I'm not sure if I've used this paper before, but it's from my favourite Papermania set.

I've also used my distressing tool that I bought weeks ago from my local craft store, The Craft Room, and have not used until now.  I find it really hard to 'ruin' the edges of lovely papers, but I gave it a go.  It's much easier with the little tool than scissors, but it did create quite a bit of powdery paper bits, so in the end I held it directly over the waste bin while I did it.   I think it looks a bit underdone though, not quite one way or the other, so I'll have to have another try.

I love the C&S look of this card, a pretty paper and a small strip of contrast with a border die, and I've kept it free of embellishments, other than some pearls (couldn't resist!), but I didn't think it needed anything else.

The image was painted with my distress reinkers, and I used my shimmer chalks for the clouds.



See my cards available to buy on eBay

eBay


Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting.

15 comments:

Sarah said...

Morning Annette, he's a cutie for sure and beautifully painted too!

Hope it's sunny in Devon :0) x

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Gorgeous Annette! Love the sparkly paper and the cute image ... fab colouring!
Helen x

Christine L said...

Morning Annette...

What's this? Another FUN card?? LOL!! About time you didn't have to get a DT card done and were able to have fun! Love this image and your trademark blue sky with clouds!

Hugs
Christine x

Janine said...

Lovely card Annette and he really IS adorable. Thanks for joining us at The Hobby House.
Hugs, Janine xx

Anonymous said...

just gorgeous thank you for sharing it with us and joining us for the Hobby House first challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Lorraine A said...

awwww :-) how cute is this !! adorable card Annette :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Mojca said...

Oh just gorgeous! I loveeeee him, he is so adorable and your colouring fabulous. hugs! Mojca

~ginny said...

Welcome to the “Haberdashery Items” Monday Challenge... I love your layout and especially your coloring skills Annette - well done!
Good luck in the Challenge and I hope we see more of your work next week!
~ginny
Design Team - Craft Your Passions
RubberMAD (http://ggetty.blogspot.com/)

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card, so sweet....Thanks for playing along with us at Joanna Sheen Challenge and Totally Papercrafts.
Wendy xx

Carissa said...

Aww, so sweet. Beautiful colouring.
Hugs, Carissa

Anonymous said...

Oh super cute love how you have coloured your image too, and love the sewing you have that mastered for sure! hugs me xx

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Great project. I love all the colors and everything.
Tabitha
Tabitha's Designs Blog
Low priced fun Digi Papers and stamps:)
Come join us at Craft Lovin, Father's Day Challenge:)

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

That's gorgeous Annette! Love the lil' puppy, beautifully coloured! Gorgeous paper too. Hugs, Wends xxx

rosie said...

gorgeous. love the puppy. fab papers x

ScrappyHappyMommy said...

This is sweet. Thanks for joining us at CYP for our Haberdashery Items challenge.
Anita
DT CYP
http://scrappyhappymommy.blogspot.ca