I bought this image thinking he'd be fun, and he is, but boy-oh-boy I found him difficult to colour.
My first mistake was to try to paint him with my re-inkers, but as usual I struggled with the hair and clothing (mainly the cape) but also the colours. I only used blue and red, and all the areas sort of merged into each other.
So that went in the bin and I tried again, this time thinking I'd use my markers which I find easier on clothing and folds etc. But in a moment of optimistic madness I decided it would be a good idea to try the no-lines technique!
And then to top it off, I decided to fussy-cut him for the layout I wanted!
Yup, if I can make things more complicated, then it seems that I will.
Anyway, after all the trials I'm quite pleased with the end result.
I cased the layout from here 'cos I thought it looked fab and I can't take the credit. The sun rays were chalked on using a strip of scrap card as a mask/template.
This project is to support the challenge at Without Words Challenge where the theme is 'for the boys', a theme which has been freaking me out since I saw it on the list. I hope you find the masculine theme easier than I do!
- Image - Super Hero Harry from CC Designs
- Typed Sentiment (Wendy Medium font)
- Colouring - Alcohol Markers
- Sun Beams - Pebbles chalks from SSS
- Momento Stamp Pad Ink
- Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
- Simon's Monday Challenge - Make it Colourful (primary colours red, blue, yellow)