I'd planned on using DI ink pads (and because I don't have any DI ink pads, I bought 2 pads especially for these stamps). But when I inked up the clear stamps, the DI ink didn't give a good coverage and the images was horrendously spotty where the ink bubbled on the rubber. I tried sandpapering the stamp to give it some 'grip', washing it with a bit of soap, stamping with Stazon first, but nothing stopped the spotty inky image.
So I tried some of my Versacolour mini stamps (inks that I have only previously used to ink the edges of my image panels), and the result was perfect!!
Once I'd inked the main layers, I then used a pencil to darken the centres and add some streaks to the centres and edges of each petal. Finally I used a tiny paintbrush to dot some DI reinker speckles into the centre and Stazon to stamp the stamens.
I was so pleased with how they turned out that I got a bit carried away and couldn't seem to stop using them, but instead of boring you with 4 separate posts, I've decided to bore you with all 4 cards in a single post, so brace yourself for a quartet of lilies!
Firstly I tried them in my favourite colour, pink .....
.... and I was really pleased with how they came out, but actually my next attempt, in blue, turned out to be my favourite .....
Thinking that I was on a roll, I tried them in purple next ......
... and finally in a pale golden brown colour:
- Image - Altenew Layered Lily
- Sentiments - Clearly Besotted and LOTV (Happy Birthday)
- Versa Colour ink pads, Distress Ink Reinkers, Derwent Inktense Pencils, Stazon Ink Pad
- Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Square Stackables