Thursday 12 January 2017

Dorothy the Dreamer

We're talking hair colour combos at As You Like It Challenge today.  I debated using Copics which I'm more comfortable with when it comes to hair, but decided to persevere with my paintbrush.  I've used my 'go-to' colours of Antique Linen base with Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo and a touch of Ground Espresso working up to the darkest bits.  Considering there's not much in the way of hair in this image, I've managed to use 4 shades!  Brown hair is my favourite probably because I have more browns than any other colour. Obviously nothing to do with it being the colour of chocolate (although that certainly helps!)




Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Annette
xx




13 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A fab image and beautiful colours. Elaine

Sarah said...

Beautiful, in every way xx

Carol S. said...

Brilliant card and love the fun image. Colouring is great as always. Happy new year, can't remember if I have visited your blog this year. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Squirrel x said...

Well, all i can say (speaking with DI experience) is you deserve a medal for doing hair this way! Gorgeous card hun - that could be me with my big pillow and the 5th Poldark book - such a fun image, beautifully done. Hugs xx

Unknown said...

So cute! That monster looks all soft and cuddly!!
Lucy x

Suzi Mac said...

What a delightful card this is. Love your choice of stamp and pretty layering. Thank you so much for coming over to play with us at Magnolia-licious Challenge. Good luck!
Hugs
Suzi

Meihsia Liu said...

Your card is gorgeous! Love the great coloring. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Christine L said...

Your card is fabulous Annette... of course, I'm loving the image with that gorgeous purple fluffy monster behind her... and you've coloured it perfectly - no surprise there!! I really am too scared to give my DI markers and paints a real go... I keep saying 'one day........ one day'!

Christine x

Anonymous said...

Super cute card hunny I love the colours and love your colouring too!
hugs me xx

Carole Pollard said...

So pretty this is delightful I love the pretty colours love and hugs Carole x

Larissa said...

Gorgeous card Teamie! (jayyyyyyy we are teamies again ;))
Your colouring is amazing on this card and the image is really cute!

-xxx-

Deborah said...

Gorgeous card Annette. The colouring as always is fabulous.
Deborah A

Esther said...

What a beautiful card! Your colouring is lovely, and I adore that sweet image. Clustering flowers around it looks so impactful and pretty. Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seven Hills Crafts :)