Wednesday 20 September 2017

Hedgies

I've had another play with my favourite hedgehogs in a similar scene to my last card but far more clean & simple.  I love these little guys and they always make me smile when I colour them.  As usual I've watercoloured my image using DI reinkers and my dinkiest brush for some of those prickly details.  I've opted for 'no lines' by stamping the images in pale grey ink.  I masked each element of the scene, starting with the parts at the front (the hedgehogs) and working my way 'backwards' with the toadstool, tree stump and lastly the log.  Finally I drew some grass (with a very fine brush!) in a couple of different greens.





And here's their close up - say "cheese" guys! :0)





Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:
  • Hedgies: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs, Tattered Rose
  • Grass: Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss
  • Acorn: Tea Dye, Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain
  • Tree: Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain
  • Sky: Tumbled Glass
  • Reds: Barn Door, Fired Brick, Aged Mahogany

Card Recipe:

I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



8 comments:

Shuly said...

Hello Annette i was feeling a little down about my bunny pop up box card because it didn't grab much attention and then you came along and touched my heart so much with your kind message and i feel even more touched now that i'm discovering your blog and the immense talent that you have for colouring! I'm totally blown away by your shades and sweet colours and by your skies and clouds, your work is going to be a great source of inspiration to me! thank you for making this morning shine :)

Lisa xx said...

This is brilliant Annette...such adorable Hedgies and fab inky work xx

Lisa xx said...

This is brilliant Annette...such adorable Hedgies and fab inky work xx

Sarah said...

This is impressive!! Beautiful painting and the perspective is spot on, you clever girl!! xx

Carol S. said...

Gorgeous Hedgies and great colouring of course. Brilliant card. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Christine L said...

Always love seeing little hedgies, and you've created a perfect scene with them Annette... love it!

Now..... I THINK I've caught up on you... I only need to be away from blogland for a couple of days for my commenting to pile up.... especially from someone as productive as you!

Christine x

Anne said...

CAS at it's best making the cute image (beautifully coloured of course!) the hero of the card

I love everything to do with hedgehogs, just adore them

Anne x

Squirrel x said...

❤❤❤ xx