Sunday 19 August 2018

Dragon Hugs

I fell in love with these dragons as soon as I saw them in the sneaky peeks at CC Designs and thanks to a naughty friend they suddenly arrived on my doormat. 

I've used two dragons from the set to create this pair of similar cards, both with a moon scene in a clean and simple design.  I just love this guy's cheeky grin!

I created the background by masking a circle and hill shape before sponging the sky in purples and black Distress inks.  I then used the reverse of the hill mask to sponge the grass in shades of green and finally drew in some grass and gave the moon some shadow.











Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:
  • Dragon: Milled Lavender, Seedless Preserves
  • Greens: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss
  • Moon: Antique Linen
  • Sky: Victorian Velvet, Seedless Preserves, Wilted Violet, Black Soot

Card Recipe:

Happy crafting
Annette
xx



9 comments:

Aquarius said...

I can see why you needed these dragons - they are lovely and your colouring is great as always.

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous, you are lucky to have such a naughty friend, look what you have achieved...love these guys.xx[aussie aNNie blog] ♥ ♥

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh my goodness, these two are soooooo sweet! Love those cute dragons. Gorgeous colouring on these! The moons are so fab and the beautiful violet sky! Stunning ink work hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Sue said...

Oh my word Annette, these are absolutely gorgeous! I love those cute dragons and your amazing backgrounds look fabulous - you are sooooo clever!
love from Sue...xxx <3

Squirrel x said...

Wow, wow, and WOW! These are superb hun xx

Fikreta said...

love it!
its super adorable!

Anne said...

I've not seen that set, they are adorable!
Wonderful colouring as always, that moon...

Anne x

Sarah said...

I love these cute critters so much!! I have been looking at the trailer for the next How to train your Dragon film this afternoon, so it's rather fitting that you should share these adorable dragons xx

Aileen said...

Just perfect, as always. Love the dragons, so cute and to do the background in the same colour range, stunning creations.