Friday 9 November 2018

Monkeying Around

I've created a background scene for these two cute little monkeys who are playing on the hill.  I masked the moon and inked the sky using a blending tool. Then I masked the sky and inked the grass, adding some tufty bits with my DI markers.  I watercoloured the moon and image and then just added a strip of matching papers with a simple die cut border.





Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:
  • Fur: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs
  • Grass: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss
  • Sky: Milled Lavender, Seedless Preserves, Wilted Violet, Black Soot
  • Moon: Antique Linen
Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:


Happy crafting
Annette
xx



5 comments:

Fikreta said...

so very cute card!
love your backround!
hugs

Sarah said...

What a pair of cheeky chappies!! xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fun card! I love the pretty background that you created and those monkeys are adorable 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! J 😊 x

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What a delightful card! I'm especially impressed by all the successful masking and color-blending that you did here! It really is so well done. And of course, the monkeys made me smile! Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Anne said...

I love how you do these backgrounds, the blending is seamless
Anne x