Wednesday 20 May 2020

Kitten Post

I've been using a few Lee Holland images recently and am really loving his cute critters.  This little kitty is perfect for a 'hello' card to bring a little 'happy mail' to someone special.

So, I've had a query from Tami asking about the brushes that I use for my watercolouring.  I think I'm probably a little unusual because I use pretty much one brush for everything, with only a few exceptions.  My (current) favourite is a ProArte size 0, but I do also use one of those brushes with a water reservoir (although I use it without water in it!) for blending out the grass/ground because it's a bigger area and I'm blending it out to nothing. I previously used the ProArte size 2 (have a few backups of those!). I'm sure there are better water-colourists than me who would advise other brushes, but I guess that I prefer what I'm familiar with!



Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:

  • Kitten: Pumice Stone, Black Soot, Tattered Rose, Tea Dye
  • Grass: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss
  • Sky: Tumbled Glass
  • Blues: Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans
  • Reds: Candied Apple, Barn Door, Aged Mahogany
  • Envelopes: Old Paper
Card Recipe:

From Dies To Die For:

Happy crafting
Annette
xx



2 comments:

Fikreta said...

wonderful card!

Larissa said...

So adorable, the cute kitten is really lovely.

-xxx-