Wednesday 18 May 2022

Get Well Soon

I made this 'get well card' for a friend's mum who's just had a hip replacement. Apparently she had it with just an epidural and sedation. Lord, I'd need to be knocked out for 24 hours if they were going to take part of my hip away. I can't even imagine being semi-conscious.  Thankfully it's done now and she's on the mend.  It was lovely to see her and have a chat over a coffee and scone. 

Because this card was hand-delivered I could make it extra dimentional, so I used some of my largest flowers to decorate it.  



Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:

  • Hair/Cuddled cat: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs 
  • Skin: Tattered Rose, Tea Dye, Worn Lipstick
  • Sitting Cat: Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain
  • Sky: Tumbled Glass
  • Dress: Prize Ribbon, Tumbled Glass
  • Reds: Candied Apple, Fired Brick, Aged Mahogany
  • 'Whites': Weathered Wood
  • Bag: Hickory Smoke, Black Soot

Card Recipe:

I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting

Annette
xx



3 comments:

Sarah said...

Holy smoke!! What a fabulous card Annette. I bet it was very well received xx

Sue said...

This is fabulous Annette, beautifully made! Thanks so much for joining in with us at Country View Crafts and have a very happy week, Sue xx

rachel said...

Very cute and just purrrfect for somebody who's under the weather! Thanks for joining us at Countryview Challenges and good luck in the draw! Hugs rachel xx