Thursday 26 January 2023

Bunny Birthday

This week at As You Like It Challenge we want to know your favourite colour, and mine's a tough choice between purple and pink.  However, I wanted to make a card for a friend using this patterned paper because it reminds me of a fabric she has on some roller blinds in her 'she-shed' and every time I see the blinds I am certain it's the same pattern!  It's one of my oldest paper pads and has lasted more than 10 years because it's remained one of my favourites and I can't bring myself to use it very often!!!  

I'm intending to hand deliver this card, so I've thrown caution to the wind and embellished it with lots of 3D paper flowers and a wired ribbon bow.  The personalised sentiment is typed and cut with my Silhouette and I've created a matt outline in the same dark burgundy card that frames the image and patterned paper panel.  The ribbon looks like it's a different shade of purple in the photo, but I think that's my lamp reflecting on its sheen because in real life its colour is much closer to the papers.





Designed for:
As You Like It Challenge
Lili of the Valley

Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:
  • Bunny: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Tattered Rose
  • Grass: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness, Peeled Paint
  • Sky: Tumbled Glass
  • Flower: Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord, Wilted Violet, Squeezed Lemonade, Rusty Hinge

Card Recipe:

Papermill Direct:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



2 comments:

dolcreations said...

Oh wow! This card is beautiful! Your friend will cherish this card!

Elaine Stark said...

Beautiful image and papers. I have papers too I love and don't want to use. Silly really, they should be shared and enjoyed. Elaine