Wednesday 8 May 2019

Picture Perfect

This is one of a pair of cards I've created using some of the MFT Picture Perfect stamps. Today's is a bitter-sweet card, because when I coloured the image, I specifically chose the fur colours to represent my two furbabies, ginger tom Arnie and calico Pickle. But last week I had to say a final heartbreaking goodnight to my sweet baby Arnie.  Seeing him 'waving' on this card is a lovely way to honour him, because he was always keen on a snuggle and the sentiment is perfect!  



I may have taken the odd one or two (hundred) photos of my sweet baby boy in the past, so I do have lots of pictures of him to keep his memory alive!  Sleep tight little one. I miss you so much. 




Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:
  • Ginger Cat: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs 
  • Calico Cat: Pumice Stone, Black Soot, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs
  • Ears: Tattered Rose, Tea Dye
  • Sky: Scattered Straw
  • Ground: Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge

Card Recipe:


From Dies To Die For:

Happy crafting
Annette
xx





5 comments:

Sarah said...

Awwww, such a lovely card Annette. Your no lines painting is amazing. That is a beautiful picture of Arnie, what a handsome chap he was xx

Squirrel x said...

Honestly hun, this could be those pair taking a selfie, you have captured them both beautifully. What a lovely way to keep Arnie close. ❤❤❤ xx

Fikreta said...

this is super cute card!
love that cat!

Candy said...

I am so very sorry for your loss :o(
Your card is WONDERFUL!

Craftdee said...

What a lovely card Annette, such a cute image... and as I had to say the same awful goodnight to my darling Rocky Dog last week I can honestly say I feel your pain and sadness. How I miss my boy too :-( So glad you have many pictures to keep him alive, Microsoft managed to lose most of mine, but I do have a few and every dog image I colour I colour "Rocky style" so he's not far away :-) Donna xx.