Thursday 30 July 2020

Jasper

Dogs have masters, cats have slaves.

It's safe to say that I've always been a slave!  

We had a black & white kitty called Susan when I was a toddler, then jet black Button and her mini-me son Fluff when I was about 10. Tortoiseshell Toffee joined us a year or so later.  

The three of them stayed with my parents when I grew up and moved out, but my new home was soon completed by Muffin (long-haired grey tabby) and adorably cute little black-furred Lucy. Here are the two of them 'playing' together:  




I had Muffin when I met my husband about 10 years later who accepted joint slaving duties.  When we said our final good-night to him, we then adopted ginger Arnie and calico Pickle from the Blue Cross:



Arnie was a real mummy's boy and I was heartbroken when we had to say our good-byes to him last year.  Hubby took me to the RSPCA re-homing centre where we were destined to adopt handsome Jenson (JB) who has filled our home with naughtiness and snuggles again. Here's the first picture of him in his RSPCA prison when he captured my heart.  Isn't that a naughty face!  We should've guessed that he would be trouble!



A home doesn't feel complete without a furry companion.  

So, the reason I'm telling you this is because this week we're asking if you prefer Cats or Dogs at As You Like It Challenge

It's fairly safe to say from all the photos above that I'm a kitty person, and most definitely a slave to mine!

For my card I've used Jasper from Polkadoodles.




Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:

  • Fur: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Tattered Rose, Tea Dye
  • Purples: Wilted Violet
  • Oranges: Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge
  • Greens: Cracked Pistachio

Card Recipe:

I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



7 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A sweet image and lovely card design. Elaine

Sarah said...

What a lovely post Annette!! I loved seeing all your fur babies, Jensen certainly has mischief in those eyes!! Love your card xx

Craftyfield said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for playing with us at Country View Challenges!

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Annette, beautifully coloured and I love all the pretty flowers.
Fab photos of all your fur babies - Love the expression on Jensen's face
Lorraine x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable fur babies :) I'm a kitties slave too :D
Your card is so sweet!

Fikreta said...

It's wonderful card!

Zw@@n said...

Love your card, Annette. I treasure it. xx