Wednesday 8 July 2020

Purple Inkiness

I usually have a bit of an aversion to getting messy with inks, but I actually enjoyed making these cards.  I stamped the beautiful MFT Bundles of Blossoms and embossed it with white embossing powder before using my blending brushes and ink pads to create the backgrounds.  The white embossing powder resists the ink so it make the stamp design show through.

I've also managed to use these gorgeous Whimsy Birthday Shadow dies for the focal point. I cut all 3 layers twice, once in pink and once in purple, creating 2 complete words but in alternating colours.  I then matted the base twice using the same pink and purple.

Firstly the square version with pink text on purple matting:


Secondly, the rectangle version with purple text on pink matting:



Backgrounds inked using Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:

  • Picked Raspberry, 
  • Worn Lipstick, 
  • Milled Lavender, 
  • Dusty Concord, 
  • Wilted Violet
  • Seedless Preserves
Card Recipe:

From Dies To Die For:

I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



1 comment:

Fikreta said...

Wonderful cards!