Saturday 4 December 2021

Badger-tastic

There are some new images over at Lee Holland's Etsy site and I couldn't resist a couple of these cute woodland badgers for a matching pair of 'thank you' cards.

I watercoloured the images using Distress Ink reinkers, and added some background with a stencil and my blender brushes.  I added a typed sentiment using my new favourite font called 'hello' and die cut the images with a scalloped die. The die was actually a square, but I chopped away a segment to make it a rectangle, and covered the join with the ribbon!  

I used my Silhouette to create a burgundy frame for the image panel which was a couple of millimetres bigger, before matting it onto soft blue patterned paper.  Finally I doodled a stitched and solid line around the edge to finish it off.  I resisted from adding some 3D elements to ensure they wouldn't cost too much to mail because I intend to gift them to someone as a mini-notelet set.






Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:

  • Badgers: Tattered Rose, Hickory Smoke, Black Soot
  • Grass: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss
  • Sky: Tumbled Glass
Card Recipe:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



No comments: