It all started when the lovely Sandy at Hugs & Holidays asked me if I would like to decorate some of her fabulous bags. Well, when she sent them to me, I could not believe how beautifully made they are. They are all lined, beautifully stitched and her attention to detail is stunning. She makes them in some lovely fabrics, but the ones she sent to me were plain white and cream, ready for some serious decorating!!
Around the same time as my lovely package arrived from Sandy, the talented designer Krista Smith (Saturated Canary) opened her Etsy shop again with some stunning digis, and of course I could not resist.
I've made a really simple card, and decorated the bag using a matching image and some t-shirt transfer paper from my local craft shop.
I'm so pleased with the result and it makes a great gift set, but let me know what you think.
Here's the card, really clean and simple, but the image is very detailed so I think it would have been too much with a lot of embellies.
Here's a close up of the baggie, where you can see the image and all the embellies more clearly :
And the back of the bag, with some crocheted flowers, pearl buttons and lace :
I'd love to know what you think, so please leave a comment.
- Plain baggie - Hugs & Holidays
- Image - Neveah by Saturated Canary
- Background Image - Grassy Hills by Doodle Pantry
- Colouring mediums - Promarkers, Copics, Dovecraft Shimmer chalks.
- Ribbons - Fantastic Ribbons
- From my stash - Flowers, lace, stickles, liquid pearls
I've been inspired by:
- Fab 'n' Funky - Hard theme (clean & simple - I just can't resist adding embellies. And then adding a few more !!!)
- Truly Scrumptious - Clean & Simple
- Charisma - Card plus gift bag
- Sassy Studio - Hip to be Square
- Fussy & Fancy - Try a new Technique (fabric transfer paper)
- Allsorts - Keep it Simple
- Paper Sundaes - Anything Goes
- Elephantastic - Here come the girls