Monday 23 October 2017

I Raccoon I Wood be Lost Without You (and a FREEBIE!!!)

It's a JFF card from me today using an adorable little raccoon image from Gerda Steiner.

I couldn't decide whether or not to stamp a sentiment on the little plank of wood, but decided that it would be better placed in the white space on the left.  After some deliberation I printed 'I WOOD be lost without you', as a pun on the wooden plank, but afterwards I realised I should have put 'I raccoon I wood be lost without you' which would've combined the wood and raccoon puns, but overall I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  





I used the no-lines technique and gave my little critter some long eyelashes to appear more feminine!  I then masked her and used my new dauber and ink pad to create the sky around her.  I find this a much safer technique than trying to watercolour the sky because I used to get the colours of the image bleeding into my sky, especially in the tight angles (such as the small space between her cheeks and the wooden plank). The mask protects the image and using the dauber means the ink is not as wet as it needs to be on the paintbrush.






Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:
  • Fur: Hickory Smoke, Black Soot 
  • Wood: Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain
  • Grass: Shabby Shutters, , Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss
  • Sky: Tumbled Glass
And if you're still with me after all that, I have a little freebie to share today. It's been a while since I made any new circle sentiments, mainly because I've not been using them much myself, but I had a request for a 'just a note' sentiment from Rowlands Crafts, and as I always say, if you don't ask, you don't get!  

You're free to download any of my freebie images, but please respect my conditions listed below.

  • Please do not share my digis directly with others, (for the avoidance of doubt, this prohibits uploading them onto Pinterest), and
  • When you use any of my images I'd be delighted if you include a linky directing people back here so they can collect any that take their fancy themselves.
I'd also love for you to send me any links to cards you've made using my digis, as I love seeing how other people use them and the wonderful creations they make using my digis.  

Finally, feel free to recolour and resize them to suit your project.  :0)





Card Recipe:

I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



8 comments:

Borqna said...

Fantastic image and brilliant coloring! Lovely card!
Thank you very much for the freebie.
Blessings.

Aquarius said...

Super card, super image and I just love the amusing sentiment, especially your second thoughts one. Thanks so much for the freebie which I'm sure I will find useful.

Sarah said...

What a lovely card Annette, fabulous painting and I love the sentiment on the woodxx

Carol S. said...

She is adorable and love the colours and her eyelashes. The sentiment is brilliant and great fun. I will try your tip as it's a pain when the ink runs into the background. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, love the cute image and thank you for the lovely sentiment freebie :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Gorgeous card Annette. Thank you so much for the amazing cirle sentiment, I love it :-) Will you do a Just Because sentiment circle at some point?
Julie x

Anne said...

That image is so cute I love the eyelashes... oh and the sentiment is perfect as it is!

Anne x

Nana and Papa said...

Pardon my ignorance. How do I download the freebies? Are they PNG files? If not, how do I remove the area outside of the circle? Thank you for your help.