Wednesday 18 October 2017

Witch way is the Candy?

Halloween is creeping up on us and I've created a little topical card for Dies to Die For using and MFT set called Witch Way is the Candy.   I stamped and masked a circle and my characters before inking the whole cardbase with DI using some daubers and then watercoloured my image, adding some creamy yellow and a spot of pale grey to the moon for texture.  I sprinkled some water over the background to resemble a starry galaxy sky and matted the whole panel on black card. 

I was really pleased with how it turned out.  Even though I don't really 'celebrate' Halloween, I still really enjoy making cards and themed decorations for it.






Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:
  • Moon: Antique Linen, Pumice Stone 
  • Skin: Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick, Tea Dye
  • Greens: Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss
  • Purples: Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord
  • Bat: Victorian Velvet, Hickory Smoke, Black Soot
  • Hat:  Hickory Smoke, Black Soot, Scattered Straw
  • Broom: Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs
  • Background: Victorian Velvet, WIlted Violet, Black Soot

Card Recipe:


From Dies To Die For:
I've been inspired by:


Happy crafting
Annette
xx



10 comments:

Aquarius said...

I don't really 'do' Halloween either but this is such an adorable card - you've achieved a wonderful spooky effect with that background.

Carole Pollard said...

Love this it's gorgeous fab colours and colouring Love and hugs Carole x

Lisa Lynn said...

Netty, just love how your moon turned out!!! Also your coloring is just amazing! Her dress and hair is wonderful!!! Being in the US...it is not an option to celebrate Halloween, hehe.

Carol S. said...

Very different card for you and love it. Don't do Halloween myself, so have never made a card for it. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, love your beautiful colouring
Hugs Kaz xx

Sarah said...

Out of this world Annette xx

Christine L said...

A wonderful blended background and a fabulous creation... love it!

Christine x

Anne said...

A bit different, I think this is one of my favourites of yours ever Annette... LOVE IT!

Anne x

Squirrel x said...

Wow, wow and wow. Nuff said. Xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wwow! Annette, the ink work on this is stunning hun! I love your fabulous card. That sweet witch is way too cute to spook, and her wee froggy, too cute! Love this to bits, especially the amazing 'glow' you've achieved from the moonlight!! Stunning!! Hugs, Wends xoxo