Friday 25 April 2014

Hedgehog Gift

Today's card uses Crafty Impressions Lace Butterflies paper pad, and I do really like the effect of the pale background.  I used similar colours in my image and some vintage style ribbon.

This ribbon really is pretty, and gives a much softer look than satin, and, although it comes in some really pretty colours, the pale eggshell version can also be coloured quite easily with the flat nib of a copic marker, so it satisfies my obsession with colour matching my accessories!

Finally, I sneaked in two little rows of lilac pearls, but managed to resist adding some flowers as I thought it looked 'finished' as it was (plus I couldn't figure out where to fit them in, because I'd put the sentiment where I would have wanted to put them!)



Card Recipe, featuring items from The Stamp Basket:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



11 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Oh my gosh hun, this is so darned cute and adorable! Love the lighter papers, they really show off that super image, and the ribbon looks so soft, love it! Hugs xx

Sarah said...

There is just something so lovely about Bluebell and her little buddies and this one is no exception!! Fabulous papers too Annette, though I have ordered two pads already this week, so had better stop there!! xx

Unknown said...

Lovely, sweet card with such a great coloring. Love this 'shabby' ribbon. Thank you for an inspiration!
Anna xxx

Carole Pollard said...

Such a sweet card love this image gorgeous your bow is divine love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

Sue said...

A very sweet image and card,love the paper.
Sue x

Mojca said...

Waw your colouring is really gorgeous Annette! Hugs! Mojca

Larissa said...

Very lovely! Love the cute image. The double bow is really pretty!

-xxx-

Kat W said...

Much as I love my new stash of flowers I know I will still do cards without them because sometimes a clean layout just works better... and your card here is a fine example of that!
I love the design as it shows off your fabulous colouring and the gorgeous bow and pearls are quite enough to finish it off beautifully :-)
Big hugs, Kat x

NGCARDS said...

Another gorgeous card hun, thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Craftdee said...

Gorgeous! You're quite right, it didn't need any flowers :-) Such a sweet image, fabulously coloured as always, Donna xx

Karen said...

Very sweet and pretty! Thanks for joining us at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and hope to see you again next time!!