Firstly, I had not intended to make a Christmas card, but realised it was a Christmassy image, and not a 'spring lamb' themed card when I got around to colouring the poinsettia in Tilda's hair. I should have realised when I pulled the image out from my Christmas folder, but no, I was obviously thinking about something else at the time.
Then, to top it off, the card was meant to be my DT creation for the new Crafty Little Fairies 'button' challenge, and the As You Like It Challenge 'stitching' challenge, both of which start today. (Yes I was being lazy and intended to cover both challenges with one creation.)
So, on the basis of this covering both a stitching and a buttons challenge, guess which TWO elements I forgot to add when I got carried away in the assembly of my card?
Yup, both the stitching and the button!
So, before the image stuck down firmly, I carefully peeled it off, and stitched around the circle panel (cursing that I'd cut it as a circle and not a square), and then popped a button on top of the bow with some twine. Although this was not planned, I actually quite like the combo of bow / button / twine.
It looks like I might have made a recovery from my bout of numptiness. (Just!)
- Image - Tilda with Cute Lamb
- Colouring - Distress Inks
- Cardworks Shaped Card base
- Raspberry Road Timeless Victorian Papers
- Wild Rose Studio Corner Flourish die
- Wild Orchid Craft Flowers
- Vintage Ribbon (coloured purple with copic)
- Button twine
- Purple button
- Glossy Accents
- My Mum's Craft Shop - Anything Goes
- That's Crafty Challenge - You Spin Me Right Round
- Stamping Sensations - Dies and/or punches
- Magnolia-licious Challenge - Flowery