Thursday 10 April 2014

Not quite as well planned out as I'd intended

Well this card has turned out OK, despite all the things that deviated from my original plan!

Firstly, I had not intended to make a Christmas card, but realised it was a Christmassy image, and not a 'spring lamb' themed card when I got around to colouring the poinsettia in Tilda's hair.  I should have realised when I pulled the image out from my Christmas folder, but no, I was obviously thinking about something else at the time.

Then, to top it off, the card was meant to be my DT creation for the new Crafty Little Fairies 'button' challenge, and the As You Like It Challenge 'stitching' challenge, both of which start today.  (Yes I was being lazy and intended to cover both challenges with one creation.)

So, on the basis of this covering both a stitching and a buttons challenge, guess which TWO elements I forgot to add when I got carried away in the assembly of my card?

Yup, both the stitching and the button!

So, before the image stuck down firmly, I carefully peeled it off, and stitched around the circle panel (cursing that I'd cut it as a circle and not a square), and then popped a button on top of the bow with some twine.  Although this was not planned, I actually quite like the combo of bow / button / twine.

It looks like I might have made a recovery from my bout of numptiness.   (Just!)



Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



16 comments:

Sarah said...

What a palaver!! Gorgeous anyway Annette!! xx

Squirrel x said...

Lazy? You? Haaaaaaaaaahahaha. Gorgeous card hun, and awesome recovery job. Love this Tilda in Spring colours, she is a cutie. Hugs xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous, what a fab image,love the colours.xxx

Anonymous said...

tehhehheee what a great card and you had a real pile of fun making it too! but it was worth it its gorgeous! hugs me x

Larissa said...

Lol you are funny and this is something I could have done, but I do like the end result. Gorgeous card and the stitching is so perfect!

-xxxx-

Carol S. said...

Hi Nutty Netty, you always make us giggle. If you had coloured the flower with purple or pink, it could have been a Clematis! Great card though! Hugs, Carol S.xx

Kat W said...

You know we would have been none the wiser if you didn't tell us! It's more fun that you did though and I'm glad you salvaged it. The end result is truly lovely :-)
Hugs, Kat x

Carole Pollard said...

Stunning card love the border design and the fab colours and image Lovely Love and Happy Crafting Carole x

Christine L said...

I did smile at your story... kind of thing I'd do! But nevertheless this is a gorgeous card Annette!

Enjoy your Yorkshire trip.. we'll probably pass on the motorway as I'll be in Leeds all day Monday!

Hugs
Christine x

Whisper said...

It may not be what you expected, but i think it's so stunning, Luv Sam x

Suzi Mac said...

Well my dear Annette, I've been there and done exactly the same thing as you. lol. Your card is utterly adorable anyways. Love the colour combo and pretty embellies. Thank you for joining us over at Magnolia-licious Challenge. Good luck!
Hugs Suzi x

Chris said...

Welcome to my world, Annette! I had to giggle as I read your post. I was reading about myself! LOL Your final result is wonderful! I love the Tilda with Lamb. It is just such a sweet card. Thank you for sharing it with us at the Magnolia-licous Feelin' Flowery Challenge!

XO,
Chris

XxJULESxX said...

Another gorgeous one Annette!

Norma said...

Gorgeous card, Annette. Love this adorable Tilda image. Beautiful design on the DP. I chuckled over your cursing over the sewing of a circle instead of a square--feel the same way...hee hee--but you did a perfect job there.
Thanks for coming over to play with us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge.
Hugs,
Norma

Lynne K said...

A happy accident, Annette, because this is just gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it with us for our Dies and Punches challenge at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Sharon said...

Another gorgeous creation. Love that die for the background. Perfect! hugs Sharon xoxo