Monday 17 December 2012

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus

I like to match my cards to the recipients, trying (maybe failing) to send something that I think suits the recipient's taste rather than just my own taste.  However, today's post pretty much says it all.

Those of you who visit me often will know that most of my creations are girlie; pink, glittery, flowers, ribbons, bows, lace, pretty papers etc.  So when I sat down to write out my Christmas cards this weekend (yes I know I've left it to the last minute!!) I tried matching up my stock of cards to my intended recipients but ended up with a fairly long list of names which didn't seem to match any of the cards I'd made already.  I think you can probably guess that those who were left unmatched were all of the guys on my Christmas card list.

Dilemma : 15 guys without Chrimbo cards and one day to go before I needed to send them.

Now I know that if they're anything like my hubby, most of the guys probably couldn't care less if they didn't even get a card, but that's not the point and it's important to me to send them one (whether they like it or not!!).   And I refuse point blank to buy a shop bought card instead of spending time creating something personally.

So, 15 masculine cards in one day ... What I came up with is probably the most C&S card I've ever made.  But I thought it looked effective, elegant and gender neutral.

Ok, I admit these ones didn't take my usual 2 to 3 hours to make, but each one is still made individually, not on a commercial production line.




And for a bit of variation, here it is in gold .......





See my cards available to buy on eBay

eBay

Card Recipe
  • Gold & Silver card base
  • Gold & Silver mirri card
  • Dieversions Merry Christmas Die
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting.

6 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

They are perfect!!

Deanne :)

ladyjanet_56 said...

Well done you Netty they look great shop bought wouldn't match them, have A great Christmas & happy 2013. Janet

Sorry for confusing you last week I did mean the circle word art, i.e the freebie type. (tutorial)

Christine L said...

These are fab Annette... and I think I may have to invest in that die!! Just been catching up on your others too... all are gorgeous... but what else would I expect?? hehe!!

Hugs
Christine x

Dee's Craft Room said...

What a fantastic solution to a problem faced by many of us.

Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.


Dionne

Larissa said...

Perfect design for a man!

-xxxx-

Alyx said...

Beautiful card. Very elegant.

Thank you for joining us over at the Joanna Sheen Challenge. Good luck.
xx