Saturday 1 December 2012

Purple Christmas Teddies (and a Sale)

It's hubby's birthday today so I guess I should have a birthday card to share, but nope, it's another Christmas card cos (apparently) you just can't put snowflakes and glitter on a guy's birthday card!!!   It's actually one of those 'special' birthdays (you know the kind; with a BIG FAT "ZERO" at the end, which I have delighted in reminding him regularly over the last few weeks (and months) !!!)  It's easy for me to do this cos I've got another 2 years before I hit 'the big one' so I hope he's forgotten the teasing I'm giving him by the time it's my turn!  To make him feel marginally better, I'm surprising him by whisking him away "up north" for a long weekend in Cheltenham, so hopefully Mr Blogger is playing nice and schedules this post properly for me.

So, today's card uses a sweet image from The Stamp Basket called Christmas Teddies.  This is the second time I've used this image, and instead of colouring them like polar bears as I did last time, I've coloured them in pale browns and creams.  I think they look cute with their dark paw pads.  I've coloured their scarves to match the backing papers which are Noah's Arch.  The papers are not especially Christmassy, but the daisies on them really seemed to match the snowflakes on the Memory Box Snowflake Corner die so I think they're fine.

I've done some stitching around the backing panel and image but you can only really see it clearly on the image panel.  It is there.  Honest!


See my cards available to buy on eBay
eBay


All items are from The Stamp Basket as follows:

Pop over to The Stamp Basket to see the lovely array of products on offer.  Don't forget there's a Special offer on this week too ...


…Up to 20% off all Bildmalarna stamps
and
…Up to 20% off all Stampavie stamps




I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting.

12 comments:

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

A beautiful, adorable card
Hugs Chris xxx

Ribbon Girl said...

Lovely card and thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl colour challenge. Mary G x

Christine L said...

Awwww this is so gorgeous Annette... I love all your fab colouring of that cute image!!

Have a lovely weekend in Cheltenham... and I think you can have another couple of years of 'rubbing it in' by the sounds of it!! hehe

Big hugs
Christine x

Doreen said...

Beautiful....love the image and fab colours.xxx

Mojca said...

Oh the card is just gorgeous Annette. Hope you two will have a great weekend and have a lovely celebration. hugs! Mojca

Nikki said...

Hey Netty
It's such an adorable card I love your colouring :)
and to make the wreathe you need
cardboard, Tissuepaper, Pencil(dull end) and glue
you cut tissue paper into 2 inch squares you don't have to be perfect at all then have glue on base and then wrap the tissue paper on pencil and push into place on the cardboard I did mine really tight to give it the full look hope this helps
hugs Nikki

Winnie said...

A beautiful card, adorable image colored so nicely, love the design and papers thank you for joining our challenge at stamptacular Sunday Challenge this week

Hugs Winnie DT

Wishcraft said...

Aww this is just lovely Annette! Gorgeous colours and super sweet image - fab colouring too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

StephG said...

this is adorable...the image is so cute! Great colors and love all the details. Thank you for playing at Stamptacular Sunday♥

Michele Roos said...

This is such a gorgeous card Annette. I love the image and the colours you've used. Hugs Michele x

Elise said...

Hi Annette! Oh this is so DARLING! I love how you've coloured this cute bears, and that flourish at the top puts the perfect touch to it all! Gorgeous!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Bev said...

Fabulous card sweets, thanks so much for joining us at WOC this time x