I painted the whole house using white paint, and painted the drawer fronts with pale green paint. I then stamped mini snowflakes in red and green ink on the fronts and stuck on the wooden numbers. They actually had stickers on the backs, but I soon found out they didn't stick very well to the paint, so I added some glue and now they're well and truly stuck (whether they are where I want them or not!). I used brick paper for the roof and added a snowflake die cut to the front.
I pondered on whether to have the drawers in numerical order or random, but I decided :
- I could always mix them up later if I wanted to by switching the drawers around a bit,
- In the mornings, when it's likely that I'll be ferreting about for my Lindor (still wishfully thinking that's what they'll contain) I won't have time to hunt for the relevant date!, and
- Having them in the right order satisfied my 'OCD' !
I made a box from scratch in red spotty cardstock to fit the largest space at the bottom. I measured up the hole and made it slightly smaller so it could easily be pushed in and out. It's still quite a large box, so I figured maybe 3 or 4 Lindors for that day!! :0)
I may have to pop in some mini Mars bars or Snickers for hubby so that he doesn't eat my truffles!
This project is to support the N for Numbers challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge.
- Artemio 24 Drawer Wooden Advent House
- Wooden Numbers
- Green paint for drawers
- White paint for house base
- Cardio Majestix mini snowflake stamps
- Red and green inkpads
- Green organza ribbon
- Scrapping paper (made into a box for the large pigeon hole
- Quickutz tag die
- Snowflake die
- Bearly Mine brick digi paper
- Lindor truffles
- Simply Create Too - Christmas in July
- Simon's Wednesday Challenge - Start from Scratch (I made the large gift-box at the base from scratch with no template!!!)
- Inky Chicks - Christmas In July