Sunday 31 August 2014

A weekend of two halves

Well it's Sunday night, and it's been a real mixed weekend for me creatively.

I was home alone all day yesterday.  Hubby was travelling back home following a week in Sheffield and I didn't need to collect him from the train station until 5pm.

Perfect, I thought:  A whole day of crafting without any interruptions !!! :0)

So after a lie in on Saturday morning, I got up, fed the furbabies and had a leisurely bath.

And then it hit me.

That feeling of 'meh'.

All creativity left me.  All motivation to do anything else was also gone.  I tried sitting at my craft desk but felt blank.  So I decided to do something that I've not done for, well, years.  I decided to have a 'do nothing' day, snuggled under a blanket on the sofa in front of the TV.  I'm not a big TV addict.  I don't follow soaps or sport, I read the news or listen to it on the radio, so I can literally go for months without even turning the box on.  Occasionally I'll put it on on while I'm ironing, and a couple of weeks ago when I was on holiday I sat though 4 hours of films late one evening with Arnie on my lap.  But that was more because I couldn't bring myself to turf him off rather than because I was interested in the programmes!

So basically I did nothing all day yesterday wallowing in my feelings of 'meh-ness'.

I collected hubby at 5pm, did a spot of laundry from his trip, and had an early night.

Today could not have been more different!

I had decided to motivate myself by selecting a gorgeous fairy image from Sugar Nellie.  I stuck to a clean and simple layout to focus on the pretty fairy image and used my two favourite colours, pink and blue.

And I think it worked because although it's not my usual fussy style, I was pleased with the result!!!

I hope you agree.  :0)



Instead of stitching around the circle I tried something new.  I have been given a tracing wheel (the type dressmakers use to transfer patterns) which I used to create a row of dimples around the edge of the image.

The dimples don't show up very well on the photo, but you may just be able to make them out.  They sort of resembles stitching, but are much easier to get into a circle shape.

Her wings are also 'coloured' in clear Wink of Stella to give them some sparkle.



Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



11 comments:

andree said...

This is a gorgeous card Annette, just perfect. Gorgeous image and fab design-I too get annoyed when I finally get to my 'craft' time and then I just sit staring at my cutting mat in desperation! It definitely works when you leave it till the next day and try again xx

Carole Pollard said...

So pretty love this stamp and the gorgeous colours beautiful. Your day yesterday seems to me was your body saying relax today and do nothing !!! Love and happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

Anonymous said...

well me Darlin you obviously needed the meh sofa day because your card today is a stunner LOVE the C&S abs love the trace wheel and ink on the edges too hugs me xxx

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous image and colouring Annette..love the papers a simple design...so very pretty. I have those days and a rest in front of the telly is all it takes sometimes..

luv CHRISSYxx

scrappymo! said...

This is such a pretty image and a prety card!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous Annette. Love the pink and blue and that image is a fav' of mine. Yet to ink mine up, so need to! Good luck in the DT call hun. Hugs, Wends x

nnalorac said...

Such a pretty card as always Annette. Hope you've emailed funkykits to take up their GDT offer and what goes with it! Good luck with the DT submission . Here's to new beginnings and Mr Mojo. Carolxx

Christine L said...

Absolutely beautiful Annette.... and I recognise the 'MEH' days... they happen often here! LOL

Hugs
Christine x

Dortesjs said...

absolutely adorable and sweet

KathR said...

Beautiful card, and lovely image..

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Congratulations Annette on making the Sugar Bowl DT crew. So happy for you. Hugs, Wends x