I made a tent-fold card into the shape of an apron by cutting out 'armholes' using an oval nestie in both top corners and adhering some ribbon into a loop at the top and ties at the sides before adding the backing paper.
I popped some rolled flower ribbon at the top and added a pocket created by the image which I stuck down with double-sided tape on three sides after stitching to lilac backing card, and inside I popped in a little tag with a stamped sentiment.
This project is to support the challenge at As You Like It Challenge where our theme is to showcase your favourite type of ribbon/twine/lace. Although I love twine and lace, my favourite is definitely ribbon. I usually reach for a satin ribbon, but opted for a soft lilac gingham for my baking themed apron card.
And here's the card with the little tag pulled out so you can see the sentiment which says 'We are all special - some of us just don't know it yet'.
- Image - Busy Baking and Inspirational Sentiments from LOTV
- Colouring - Promarkers, Copics
- Cardworks Card base
- Maja Design Coffee in the Arbour paper pad
- Neenah Classic Crest White Stamping Card
- Momento Stamp Pad Ink
- Wild Orchid Craft Flowers
- Spellbinders Classic Ovals
- Magnolia Doohickey Scalloped Tag die
- Rolled flower ribbon from The Ribbon Girl
- Gingham Ribbon
- Butterfly embellishment
- Paper flowers
- Glossy Accents
- Viva Pearl Pen - Ice White
- The Cutie Pie - 3 of Something (3 pearls, 3 types of flower, 3 colours)
- Simply Create - Special Occasion (even the tag says "special")
- The ABC Challenge - Unique
- LOTV Challenge - Anything Goes
- Bunny Zoe - Animals
- Fab 'n' Funky - Anything with Ribbon