Saturday 15 January 2011

Baby Boy Giraffe

This week at the 2 Sisters Challenge Blog the theme is "Flowers", so you need to include flowers either in your image, or as an embellishment.  My gorgeous baby giraffe image is from our lovely sponsor this week, Digi Doodle Shop.  I've coloured the cute little fella using my fave Promarkers, and chalked around the image with gold shimmer chalk. I've then printed and coloured it again and decoupaged it using stick foam pads. 

The 3 backing papers are old digi papers that I found on my laptop, and I've created the sentiment in Microsoft Word (with a lot of fiddling in WordArt) but it now means I can print it out in different coloured versions (I also made a baby girl one in pink, and a Happy Birthday in Black while I was in the mood!).  It took me a whole evening of playing, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist and kept tinkering with it until it looked as I'd imagined it in my head!  I've seen other crafters using circular sentiments before and I really liked the idea as I don't really like peel offs, so thought I'd have a go at creating my own with some fancy fonts. In case you want to have a go, the 'Congratulations' font is Gabriola, and the 'Beautiful Baby Boy' font is Kunstler Script.  The flowers are Wingdings font.

I've used my new oval cutter, and cut the edges with scalloped scissors. For my floral additions, I've used a floral backing paper, and added a blue cherry blossom from Wild Orchid Crafts, two 15mm and two 10mm baby blue roses. I've also tucked in two die cut leaves from a QuicKutz die. Finally I've added part of a sizzix flourish, some blue ribbon, tied on a bow, and added some blue liquid pearls. 


Please pop on over to the 2 Sisters Challenge blog to enter this week's Floral challenge, and don't forget to leave me a comment to let me know that you've been here.

As well as being my sample for the design team, I've also been inspired by the following:
Happy crafting

20 comments:

Christina said...

That is a wonderful card Netty! Looks so beautiful!
Hugs Kristel

Ida / Little said...

I just love your image Netty, such a warm feel to it! :) Thanks for joining us at PfP this week!

Hugs Ida

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Netty, what a gorgeous card. I love the adorable image and your colouring is fab. The sentiment is fantastic - you are so clever! Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Netty, what a beautiful card. I love the sweet image and your papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with my “something new” challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Eiglas said...

Really super card Netty! Love the soft colouring and the dimension to your beautiful lickle giraffe and the details are just stunning.

Thank you for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday this week!
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Delphine said...

This is lovely, Netty! The image is adorable, the papers are gorgeous, and I love your homemade sentiment, beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft Challenges and good luck! Delphine xx

Alica said...

so sweet! Lovely baby card!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Tomorrow is Paper Sundaes First Birthday Celebration! Come and have some fun!

lil-paper-pixie said...

Adorable card, the image is sooooo sweet, thanks for playing along at PFP.X

Hugs

Sarah

Anonymous said...

lovely card, really cute image too! thanks for joining us on the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

corinne said...

very nice ! thank you for joining us on craftyourpassion 's challenge blog. Good luck !

Christine said...

What a beautiful baby card! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Nikbee said...

A beautiful card. Such a sweet image. Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy.

Nikki x

Gro said...

This is beautiful. I love it.Thanks for joining us at PfP this week :o)

coops said...

stunning card netty.the image is so sweet and i love your gorgeous colours and details.
thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Caroljenks said...

This is just beautiful! That image is adorable and your sentiment is amazing! I've made my own circular sentiments in WordArt too - but they are nowhere near as gorgeous as yours! I'll have to go back and re-fiddle!!!

Thanks for joining us for our 'Anything Goes' challenge this week over at Top Tip Tuesday :)

Carol x

Dena said...

Awe! your baby card is too sweet! I really like the cute giraffe!
Thanks for joining the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

Anonymous said...

Sweet and pretty card.Fabulous work on the sentiment too.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
Lisa x

NGCARDS said...

Oh this is beautiful hun! Thank you for joining in with our challenge of Photo Inspiration over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog! xxx

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card! I love that shade of blue!! Thanks so much for joining us at Paertake Weekly and hope you will join us again next week!
hugs, Sharon

Liza said...

A gorgeous card, I love the design. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x