Saturday 30 July 2011

A poor attempt at Vintage

There is a new challenge today at One Stop Craft Challenge, and the theme is Vintage.

Now vintage is just not my usual style and I really struggled.  I used Victoria & Albert papers, lace, seam binding, tore the edge of the image panel, inked up the edge, and added some coffee and cream coloured flowers, but I'm still not sure I pulled it off.

Anyhoo, I've had some extra fun this week as I also had another play with my cute little fabric bags from the talented Sandy at Hugs & Holidays.  She's such a lovely lady, so please go and check out her etsy shop, plus she has been inspiring me to ink up my stamps on some fabric again, so I've come up with this little creation!!!

Isn't she cute !!! I also stamped and coloured the same image on the back of the bag, but didn't put any flowers or buttons on the reverse.

Here's the card and baggie:



Here's the baggie on its own: 



Here's the back of the baggie :



And here's a close up of the image, all glittered up :



I love this new stamp from LOTV which arrived this week.  I really wish they would stop sending me these free samples though the post (shhhh, that's what I tell my hubby now when another new package of lovely stash drops on the doormat !!!  Although I'm not sure he believes me any more, 'cos LOTV would appear to have made a similar "mistake" last month too.  And possibly the month before.  Oh dear.  But their images are just soooo cute I can't help myself.  They just seem to move themselves into my cart on their own, saying 'buy me, buy me pleeeeeease' !!!).

I think it looks even better on the fabric bag, really soft, especially with the matching card (Sandy's idea to make a matching card & bag!! Thanks honey, there will be many more samples to come yet !!!).  I stamped it and coloured it (being careful not to get too near the edges 'cos the colour bleeds quite a bit), and then glittered her dress and flowers.  I then shaded in the sky a bit, and added some gorgeous crotchet flowers and leaves in the most softest wool.  My other embellies were some buttons (with soft wool ties), liquid pearls, and some lace with woven-in seam binding.  I added buttons to the centres of the flowers and stitched them on by hand.

Because I wasn't altogether happy with my Vintage card creation attempt, I made another little card too (not vintage this time, but one I was a bit happier with by the end).  I think it matches the baggie a bit better too.


Card Recipe:
  • Image - LOTV and Magnolia birds
  • Plain, undecorated baggie - Hugs & Holidays
  • Sentiment - One of my own Freebies
  • Papers - Victoria & Albert (card 1)
  • Colouring mediums - Promarkers, Copics, Dovecraft Shimmer chalks.
  • Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts
  • From my stash - Pearls, lace, ribbons, stickles, liquid pearls, crotchet flowers, buttons, wool, charm
Please pop on over to the One Stop Craft Challenge to see the other creations by the talented design team, and to enter our challenge.  I look forward to seeing your creations this week.

I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting.

12 comments:

Larissa said...

Wow this is very cute Annette. I love how you stamped the image on the bag and your colouring is fabulous.

Hugs,
Larissa

Brodders said...

What a lovely bag and great idea :) Thanks for joining us at cupcakes this week and good luck x

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous, great colours too, love the baggie what a fab idea, thanks for joining us at Lili of the Valley this week big hugs Pops x x x

Hazel said...

Annette - this is totally fabulous - the stamped images look stunning on this card and so defined too. I too get lots and lots of free samples from LOTV - it's a wonder they are still in business as they send so many free! He he. I look forward to seeing your next creation. Hazel x

Unknown said...

Awww...This is so sweet! Love the pretty details and lovely sparkle! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs & Sunshine!/Sari

Christine L said...

Wowww really love that little bag! And I think you do vintage well!
And it's weird... Lotv send ME samples too! LOL
Hugs
Christine x

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Wow! Love that bag - such a clever idea! Very sweet. Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week x

Mandy said...

Wow these are beautiful,love the bag....Fabulous idea....Thanks for sharing with us at Truly Scrumptious...
Mandy x

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow lovely creations, love your bag, fab detail on both, thanks for sharing with us at paper play, hugs Liz xx

Sonia said...

I love this fabulous project and the card too!.. Great Job!
-Sony

Michele Roos said...

This is such a gorgeous card. I love the colours you've used and the image also. Thanks for joining us this week at Truly Scrumptious Challenge. Hugs Michele x

Anonymous said...

This is the CUTEST EVER! I just LOVE it! Thank you for sharing.