Sunday 1 April 2012

Just for You

I'm moving departments at work on Monday and will be working with a completely new group of people.   Friday was the last day in my old job, and there were a few people who I really wanted to thank individually for their support to me during the last 15 years that I've been at the same firm.  Even though I'm only moving offices, and not actually leaving the company, it is a big change for me, and I will miss working closely with many of the friends I have made over the years.

I made this card as a 'thank you' to my lovely secretary, Emma, who has been a fantastic support for me,  as well as being a valued friend.  I have always known that I have been spoilt having her supporting me, and I expect that I will only really understand everything she did for me now that I can no longer expect to rely on her.


Card Recipe:
  • Image - Milton from Wild Rose Studio
  • Papers - First Edition paper pack
  • Colouring - Promarkers, Copics
  • Nesties - Labels 3, Go Kreate large scalloped circles (card base)
  • 10mm & 15mm roses - Wild Orchid Crafts
  • From my stash -  Pearls, Glossy Accents
    I've been inspired by:
    Happy Crafting

    8 comments:

    Christine L said...

    Awwww what a beautiful card for her Annette, and I bet she loved it! And I'm really glad to hear that there are still secretaries in the world..... (speaking as a 'used-to-be!)

    Hope you enjoy your new post.... my accountant daughter in Bermuda has just been promoted to manager.. with the ££££ to match...(!), but now I don't think she'll be home for another couple of years... :( wahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

    ~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

    How sweet of you! I am sure Emma loved this and I am sure she will miss such a wonderful friend. Thank you for playing with us at Moving Along With The Times :)

    Lisa Minckler said...

    Hi Annette!
    Your card is wonderful and those flowers are so beautiful! Wishing you the best on your new position. :)
    Have a great weekend!
    hugs,
    Lisa xx

    Mojca said...

    Such a sweet card Annette! All the best at youre new jobe place. Hugs! Mojca

    Sue B said...

    Aww this is So cute Annette! what an adorable image and you've coloured him beautifully! I love those glossy tulips!! It's a really sweet card and I bet Emma will love it.
    All the best for your new job and hope you settle in ok.
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and Good Luck in the Challenge!
    Big Hugs
    Sue xx

    xxxtglxxx said...

    Awww, how thoughtful Netty :)

    Thats such a nice gesture and such a cute card too. Its tough moving jobs, and finding yourself away from familiar territory, but you will do a brilliant job and find your feet in no time. Its the thought thats daunting more than the doing ;)

    Still, new people to chat about your back-office software with! LOL.

    When I left school I enrolled with a few temping agencies, so I could have a look round and find what kind of thing I was interested in. I consider it one of the best experiences of my life walking into new environments every couple of weeks and making new friends. I learned so much! It was a brilliant foundation for my future career in the Police and I never looked back, it took me to the top ;)

    I hope you get as much out of your move, as its important to love what we do eh? :)

    Good luck, I will be thinking of you!

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    debby4000 said...

    This is gorgeous, love it. Good luck with the new post.
    luv
    Debby

    Lisa Jane said...

    Wonderful card
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this for our Cute and Cuddly challenge
    Lisa x