Wednesday 5 March 2014

Karma in a Box

I recently went on a 3 day break to North Devon, and even though I wasn't able to do any crafting while I was away, I still managed to get in a bit of crafty shopping!

And if you don't believe in Karma, then this little anecdote might change your mind ...  We were wondering round a little town, and it was tipping down with rain so we were looking for a cafe.  Hubby was in a strop trying to find a cafe on an app on his phone, with no phone signal.  And so I was stroppy because I was getting soaked while he kept saying "hold on, I'm seeing where we are".   So, he told me to take shelter from the rain while he tried to get a signal.  So, I nipped in the shop he'd stopped outside, mumbling to him that I was 'taking shelter, just as he'd asked'.   Guess what type of shop it just happened to be!  Karma at it's best!   :0)

Ok, it was only a small shop, but had lots of lovely crafting stuff; a few stamps, papers and embroidery threads, but also some lovely little trinket boxes to decorate.  Well if there's one thing I like, it's boxes!  So I was in heaven.

I picked out a small little wooden box, with a magnetic fastening, just begging to be decorated.  And today I am sharing what I did with it.  It's also perfect for the new "E for Enclosed" challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge.

It's quite a small box, so I've used one of my new Purple Onion Designs stamps called Snowy (Winter Owl).  He's quite a small image, but is perfect for this dinky box.  I've distressed the edges of all the papers I've used to decorate the sides and lid with, and added some italic script washi tape around the sides and across the top panel.  Finally I added some white pearls to the lid, and the front, which provides a bit of grip to lift the top up.





Project Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



15 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I do believe in fate and what a lovely find. I love the cute image and your box is so pretty, I love having all different boxes in my craft room x

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Now THAT is definitely karma!!!!!!! Love it!!!!! The only way to improve the situation would have been if there had been a coffee corner in the shop too! :o)

Such a dear little box Annette, and I totally love how you've decorated it. Wonderful project!

Helen x

Larissa said...

Hihihi loved reading your karma story! ;)

Love your adorable box and the cute image, so sweet.

-xxx-
Larissa

Jane Savage said...

Never underestimate Karma! I adore boxes too and this one is gorgeous, Annette. Love that super sweet owl and how effective that washi tape looks. It's a box just begging to be filled with crafty goodness! xx

Sarah said...

Karma indeed!! You have done a great job and it looks beautifully aged xx

Christine L said...

Woww.. Karma was certainly on your side that day hon... but did hubbie find his lunch place? I can just imagine the scene!! He's not a relation of Basil Fawlty is he?? LOL!

Gorgeous little Purple Onion image.. on a FABULOUS box... love what you've done with it and that fabbie washi tape is the perfect finishing touch!

Hugs
Christine x



Lorraine A said...

OOHH !! I LOVE this Annette ,, so very cute ! :-)
I believe in Karma too, especially after reading this ,,,, it was meant to be :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Chrissy said...

What a lucky find Annette..love your cute little owl...fabulous altered box.

luv CHRISSYxx

Carol S. said...

I am a very big Karma believer! Love this little box and the owl is soooo cute! Really pretty paper too. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Zw@@n said...

Lovely box, Annette. I like to owl very much, it's a cute one. Luv, Wilma

Inkypinkydelights said...

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin' and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT x

Rachel said...

Wow Annette, what a cute little box. I love that owl.

Thank you for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

Wishcraft said...

Lol, I'm sure your hubby was thrilled with that bit of karma - I know mine would be ;o) Your box is gorgeous, love that cute owl! Hugs, Lisa x

Dorte said...

A little box is such a great idea Annette. Sweet image you have used,
enjoy your evening,
hugs Dorte

Kat W said...

Fab story about the craft shop and hubby really couldn't complain since you were doing as requested!
I just love this dinky little box - the distressed paper looks fab and the sweet owl is perfect on top :-)
Big hugs, Kat x