Tuesday 4 March 2014

Snowy Trio

The new challenge at Top Tip Tuesday is 3, 5, 7 which I actually thought I would find quite difficult.  But when I put on my thinking cap, it wasn't too bad.

I used a lovely image from Purple Onion Designs, which included 3 snowmen (and 3 trees!) so that was the 3 covered.

I then realised that if I used one of my favourite shaped card bases, there are 6 pointy bits (technical term) on the base and I usually put a pearl on each one, so if I put one more pearl in a corner, that would be the 7 covered.

So I was just left with the 5.

Well, after thinking I could add 5 snowflakes, but then disregarding that because the image is quite large and I didn't think I could fit in 5 die cut snowflakes, I had a brainwave!

I used 5 Colours; red, green, blue, orange and brown.  Genius!!!  ;0)



I stamped the image twice, and fussy-cut out one set of the snowmen.  I then raised them up on foam pads to create more texture on an otherwise quite simple card.



Card Recipe
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



17 comments:

Whisper said...

OMG that is a tough Challenge, but you have handled superbly and such a fabby snowman image too, luv Sam x

Carissa said...

Great card! Love the image and your colouring looks fantastic.
Carissa

Jane Savage said...

Fabulous card and great colouring. Those snowmen did make me smile. You somehow imagine that they are singing very out of tune!! :) xx

Donna Ellis said...

Genius is RIGHT! how beautiful! Love your colors and shading, and that beautiful glitter, too! Darling card, Annette! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

Elaine Stark said...

A great snowman image. Beautifully coloured. Elaine

Sarah said...

This is fabulous Annette, love the decoupaged snowmen...great stamp!! xx

Debs said...

Stunning card Annette - amazing colouring and I love the perfect fussy cutting.
Debs xx

Carol S. said...

Well thought out Annette. Great fun image and love the layout. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Jingle said...

This is SO adorable! I love how you raised the image and the glitter is fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Craftdee said...

Great card... I love ow you've popped the snowmen up, and your gorgeous-as-always colouring :-) Donna x

Larissa said...

Fabulous card, such a fun challenge, but it sounds oh so difficult.
Love your cute card.

-xxx-

Debbie said...

Super Cute card, thank you for calling by this week at Sweet Stampin. DebbieX

Christine L said...

Fabulous Annette... love that image and your superb colouring.... and oohh that shaped bottom too! (on the card that is!)

Hugs
Christine x

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Such a gorgeous card and so beautifully coloured. Perfect for our challenge this week. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

Kat W said...

Superb CAS design and I just love these little snowmen!
Hugs, Kat x

Lori Turner said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! So cute!! Love all the glitter and I'm a snowman "freak" lol...thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week xoxoxo

Paddington fan said...

love your card! The CAS style keeps all the emphasis on the cute image and amazing colouring! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Sweet Stampin' this week and hope you'll join us again soon!
Love Jacky x