Wednesday 7 January 2015

Little Packages

I really dislike making cards for men because it means I have to deviate from my favourite pink and fussy style.

So it's a bit of a challenge to make a simple card that isn't too cute for a friend whose birthday is later this month.

Hmm, OK, so I think I may have failed in omitting something cute!

They don't come much more CAS than this card, but creating it was a bit more complicated.  I masked each element of the image to combine dinky 4 image stamps, 3 presents and the puppy.  I then added a sentiment stamp which is something I'm really bad at remembering to do.  I usually either miss off a sentiment, or only remember it when I have used up all the space with embellishments.  Well, not this time; it has pride of place!



Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



12 comments:

Jane said...

I have the same problem - I love all things pink & yet I am outnumbered by men in my family! Beautiful clean and simple card - love it.
Jane

Christine L said...

Hi Annette.... I know that feeling and generally end up in a card shop for male cards!!

But well done you on creating this fabbie CAS card... although all that masking sounds anything BUT simple!

Hugs
Christine x

Squirrel x said...

I loved him the first time I saw him, and he is even cuter now, if that is possible. But a manly cute so it's ok. Extreme CAS for you hun, but you have nailed it. Awesome artwork on that dinky image, not easy to pull off when they are that small but you cracked that too! Hugs xx

Mojca said...

Waaaw really gorgeous! I love your cas cards especially for man ... it doesn't seem you have a problem ;P Hugs! Mojca

loz said...

Fantastic Men's card Annette..Loz

Sarah said...

A perfect example of CAS and just right for a chap too!! Gorgeous bolouring again!! xx

Sarah said...

Oops that was meant to be colouring...what the heck is bolouring?!! Sounds fun though!! xx

Chrissy said...

A perfect CAS card Annette..the image is too cute and coloured beautifully.

luv CHRISSYxx

pinky said...

Its really cute CAS card.

Kat W said...

I know that sinking feeling when I have to do a male card but this is such a fab idea I may just have to 'borrow' it sometime!
I love the CAS style and how clever to merge those images together - it looks great :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx

coops said...

simply stunning annette.i love your cas design and the image is adorable :D

xx coops xx

Carol S. said...

Very CAS Annette! Love this fun/cute image. A great card fo a man. Hugs, Carol S.xx