Thursday 1 January 2015

Rocking Horse

Happy New Year everybody. :0)

I hope that you all had a lovely Christmas break and New Year's Eve last night, and you're not feeling too worse for wear this morning!

Not only is today the start of a new year, it's also the start of a new challenge at As You Like It Challenge where the theme is to use your favourite shape or fold.

As you'll know if you visit me often, I love shaped cards and usually use pre cut ones, but this is one I cut myself using a Go Kreate labels die.  I really love this shape and really should use it more often.  I also love tent fold cards the best (I can't explain why, I just do, and there is no rhyme or reason for it!).

Actually, saying that I find them easier to photograph, but I'm not sure that's the real reason!

I'm also still fixated on the colour pink, my Maya Design papers, LOTV images and DI reinkers.  I really do love it when I make the effort and use the reinkers, but it does take me a lot longer to paint with the water colours than it does to use Copics.  (note to self, must try harder to make the effort!)

Anyway, I hope you like my card, and hope you join us in the new fancy shapes and folds challenge this fortnight.



Card Recipe:
... and, erm, just a few bits from The Ribbon Girl ...
I've been inspired by:
  • Simon's Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
  • Papertake Weekly - Pick a fave (it has to be 'ohhh so cute' for me, and there were 2 cute Papertake challenges last year, so it seems to be popular with other crafters too!)
  • Totally Tilda and Friends - Anything Goes
  • Creatalicious - New Beginnings
  • Creative Knockouts - For the Kids
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



19 comments:

Chrissy said...

A beautiful card Annette. I love the sweet image and gorgeous rich colouring and fabulous design. ..wishing you a very Happy New Year 2015..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

Love everything about this one Annette, your painting of that adorable stamp is brilliant and the floral arrangements look so pretty. Wishing you good health and happiness in 2015 xx

P.S I've failed my resolution already...just had a look at the sale at Maddy Lisa Crafts and accidentally bought some dies...oops...my bad!!

coldwaters2 said...

Happy New Year Annette, the card is absolutely full of so much cuteness and delight, super make.
hugs
lorraine x

Kat W said...

I do like shaped bases but go through phases of using them and then seem to forget about them - this is a really pretty shape.
The image is super cute and it does look lovely painted with DIs - fabulous shading :-)

Good luck with the New Year's Resolution to use your unused stash!

Big hugs, Kat xx

Barbara GR said...

I'm wishing you a happy and magical New Year! I hope it brings you lots of joy and happiness!!!

Your card is absolutely adorable!!!! Fantastic colouring!
Big hugs, Barbara GR

Carol S. said...

Happy New Year Annette. Loving this card and your clouring is amazing as always. I love Maja papers but have a problem cutting into them! It's a very painful condition!!Lol! Hugs, Carol S.xx

loz said...

This is Gorgeous Annette. Happy New Year..Loz

Mojca said...

Oh waw youre colouring is fabulous! I love the shape to. hugs! Mojca

Margaret said...

Super cute card. Love the image and your coloring and the fabulous shape! Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts. Good luck. Maggie DT

The Stamp Basket said...

Fabulous colouring, Annette...your 2014 new year's resolution has, unequivocally, been achieved! As for your 2015 resolution...hmmm, that's a toughie! Good luck!!

Lynsey said...

Hi Annette, this is such a sweet card!
Hugs Lynsey x

Squirrel x said...

Ooh! THAT rocking horse! Wow hun, so pretty and gorgeous. Stunning artwork and such a pretty shape too. Brilliant m'love. Xx

XxJULESxX said...

Oh Annette gorgeous and soo cute!!!

Christine L said...

Somehow I thought I'd commented on this yesterday.... but ah well.... I'll do it again!! It really is fabulous... and your colouring using the DI's is just perfect! Love the shape too.. and the PINK obvioiusly!! LOL

Happy New Year!
Hugs
Christine x

Melanie said...

A gorgeous baby card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "New Beginning” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw…
Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
(DT Come and Get It)
(GDT Kreativzeit Challenges)

Blossom Cards said...

lovely card and image thanks for sharing with creatalicious this week Rachel dt

jenn shurkus said...

beautiful card! your coloring is fabulous :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp!

Craft Paper said...

Gorgeous coloring and beautiful card. Thanks for playing at Creative Knockouts.

Jackie C said...

Hi Netty! Love this entry, thank you for sharing with Creatalicious, Jackie CT member.