Saturday 29 September 2012

Christmas Birdie

It's Saturday, so I've got another card to share today on behalf of The Stamp Basket.  This one is bright red, a colour I don't usually use, but I was inspired by the cute papers and gorgeous bright ribbon that I'd picked out.  Plus the girlie in the image looked like she needed a red coat and hat.

I really love the holly paper in this card.  It is quite soft, and because it is quite a busy pattern, it does not show up the imperfections in my cutting around the shaped card.  Here's a tip guys, never,  I repeat NEVER, try to cut around a shaped card with a plain backing paper. Oh my word, it shows up EVERY little imperfection in your shape, however careful you think you're cutting around it.  A busy pattern seems to hide them all.  Love it !!



See my cards available to buy on eBay
eBay



All items are from The Stamp Basket as follows:

Pop over to The Stamp Basket to see the lovely array of products on offer.


There is also a promotion on at the moment; 10% off all embossing folders.  The promotion ends at 9am on Monday, so you'd better get your skates on.  This offer includes the new Couture Creations embossing folders as well as the new range of Spellbinders embossing folders too.


I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting.

14 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Annette, love the image and coluring and gorgeous papers, love the card shape.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Shell said...

This is fab I love that cute image, thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
Shell xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Love this Netty! Fab colours, lovely papers and beautiful colouring as always. Hugs, Wends xxx

nnalorac said...

Very pretty card Annette, love the papers and sweet image. crafty hugs Carol

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card hun, that image is so sweet! I cheat and add ink around the edges to cover all those little imperfections :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Anonymous said...

super lush card Annette Loveeeee the MB die too! can't wait to use some of those too xxx have a great weekend xx

Mojca said...

Oh an adorable image and I just love the shape of your card, and of course gorgeous papers! Hugs! Mojca

Mynn xx said...

This is oh so cute!!! LOVE the pear centered elements and the patterned paper is amazing! Thanks for joining us at CSAYL! :) If you're interested, I have a DT call going on for a new challenge that will go live in January! The details are on my personal blog in a post under the RMH Hop post. :)

Fabiola said...

hello Annette, so cute, your card is gorgeous, thanks to play with us at CSAYL, biz

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Annette, a great design and fabulous papers. I love your beautifully coloured sweet image and that stunning bow!!

hugs
Heather xx
and many thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge

Deanne Saunders said...

Sweet card!!! Thanks for participating in CSAYL's challenge! Hope to see you again!!!
~DEANNE~

Larissa said...

Really sweet card and I also love the cute holly paper.

Hugs,
Larissa

Patricia Chalas said...

very cute card!Thanks for participating with us this week at CSAYL's challenge!

Heather said...

This is so pretty!! I'm so glad you went with the bright reds, they really do go so nicely with the paper. Gorgeous coloring. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.