Sunday 28 July 2013

Mountain Lily

Hope you're all having a good weekend. Today's card features the adorable Mountain Lily from The Stamp Basket.  I think that this is the first time I've used this image and I really like her.

I wasn't sure if this was a Christmas image because of the bell on her wings, but I decided that she could be either depending on the colour scheme and accessories, so I've stayed away from snowflakes and festive colours.

I've used a blue and brown colour scheme (the ribbon is a rich chocolate brown, not black as it appears in the photo).  The matting card is also a kraft colour brown but it is a shimmery paper, although again this doesn't show up much in the photo.

I've sneaked in some lace under the ribbon and a bow which is held on with a pearl brad.

My typed sentiment has been cut out with a Notables die on which I've then punched a hole at one end to create a small tag.





See my cards available to buy on eBay

eBay


Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting

12 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Just so beautiful Annette. Love the blues and the stipple effect around the fairy.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

scrappymo! said...

This is so pretty...Love the wonderful image and the way you have coloured her so perfectly!

I really like the way you did the shaded outline of the image and then sort of dotted the second colour over it!

Sarah said...

She's just beautiful Annette and I love the lace! xx

Sarah said...

Ooh and Congrats on your Top 5 at HCTB!! xx

carol said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for sharing with TPC x carol

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Gorgeous card and colors.
Great priced, fun digi paper and stamps
Tabitha's Designs
Please come and share your talent with a Anything Goes project before the 9th:) !!!

Mojca said...

Oh my this is totally gorgeous Annette. Love love loveeee your beautiful colouring. hugs! MOjca

Sarah said...

Absolutely stunning! I especially love the way the wings are done! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft challenges!

Flutterby Trina said...

adorable! Love the image! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Creations Challenges with our 'Anything Goes' challenge! Good Luck, remember you can enter upto three times and we have a DT call :) Hope to see you again soon xxx

Mona Pendleton said...

So beautiful Annette! You did an amazing job coloring the sweet image! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Carissa said...

She is gorgeous. You have done such a wonderful job with this image. Love the layout too.
Hugs, Carissa