Sunday 12 January 2014

Mimi Hearts

Despite my New Year's resolution (2 years running) to water colour my images rather than reach for the quick and easy option of Copics, this is only my second attempt this year to keep that going.

However, my other resolution, which was to not buy any more crafting goodies, has failed miserably.  To be honest, it had probably failed before I'd even gone back to work on 2 Jan.  Therefore I'm arguing that two outings of the DI reinkers in 2 weeks isn't actually bad going, in comparison!

Anyway, this is little Mimi with her sparkly heart deely-boppers.  I've used a paper from my favourite Papermania pad, but a design that I've not used much.  The colours of the paper matched the colours I'd used on my image perfectly, so my colour matching OCD was appeased.

I added little loops of purple ribbon with, sparkly edges behind the image panel using small red heart brads.



Card Recipe, featuring items from The Stamp Basket:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



14 comments:

Barbara GR said...

Beautiful colouring Annette!!!
Hugs, Barbara GR

Sarah said...

I love the technique you use, matching the paper Annette it looks brilliant, as does the sweet Mimi. I have a Clementine with a heart that I must colour. LOVE those diddy brads.Enjoy your Sunday xx

Mojca said...

oh she looks adorable and your colouring with water colours is really beautiful, you should stick to that NY resolution definitely :))) as for buying crafting goodies is concerned ... well I don't think any of us will keep it :)))) hugs! Mojca

cotnob said...

This is such a pretty card Annette, your water coloured image is fabulous.
Pauline
x

Carol S. said...

This is stunning Annette. Love the soft effect that DI gives. You have mastered them very quickly. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Christine L said...

This is gorgeous Annette... love the lilacs - and the way you have matched the pattern of the paper behind too.

I'm with you on the DI resolution bit... too easy to get out the copics... but I do try every now and again.

I set out for LOTV yesterday to get the new launch.. thought a nice drive would be good. Unfortunately, I clipped a cyclist who came off his bike - a bit of fault on both sides, so police and ambulance were called.. and I got breathalysed for the first time in my life! Registered zero thank goodness as I'd not had a drink. ANYWAY... didn't get my stamps - that'll teach me to order online in future!

Hugs
Christine x

Squirrel x said...

So gorgeous hun, I love the same colour layers in that pretty paper. Absolutely brilliant. Hugs xx

Anonymous said...

ah Annette, thank you for rejoining us with such a pretty card, can see that gorgeous ribbon now and those lush pearls too, thank you for re entering into the Hobby House challenge and of course mentioning those products
Hugs Kate xx

NGCARDS said...

This is a gorgeous card hun and the image is one of my favourites! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations this week! xxx

Kat W said...

Well, your DI colouring looks fab! The colours are so pretty and how clever to match up the design on the layers of DP - it looks amazing!
Hugs, Kat x

Rene said...

She's so sweet! Love it! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck,
Rene :D

Debs said...

Adorable card Annette - stunning colour and pretty DP's.
Thanks for playing along at SnS and The Hobby House this time.
Good luck.
Debs xx

The Crafty Blonde said...

lovely card, such a sweet image and pretty papers. Thanks for joining us at MMCS this challenge xx

ARTfulWings said...

Wow your water colouring is amazing!!!!! This is such a pretty card - love it!!! Thank you for joining in with us over at The Hobby House. Polly x