Thursday 17 April 2014

Up Up and Away

Today's card has been created with some lovely cloud papers from Nitwits that seemed just perfect for this image of cute little Barry the bear being carried away by his balloons.  It reminded me of the film 'Up' and is to support the 'Up Up and Away' challenge which starts today at Crafty Little Fairies.

I've tried to get a teeny outline hint of the other two balloons behind the front red one, but it did end up only being the smallest of hints, because you can only just make them out through the red one if you look really closely.

I've been playing with my new bow-maker (as you might be able to tell!)   I think I've made nothing but double bows since I got it!  Other than a few (ok, quite a few) pearls, I've laid off the embellishments, which is unusual for me, but I didn't want to cover up the clouds.



Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



18 comments:

Christine L said...

I love it as it is Annette... no further embellies needed.. (you know how minimalist I am in my cards at the mo) and that cloud paper is so perfect for the image.. Of course, you HAVE to play with the bow-maker.. how could you not?? hehe

Hugs
Christine x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

So cute, love the cloud effect

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

What an adorable image. Sure love the colors too.

Squirrel x said...

Simply brilliant and gorgeous hun. And yes, I can see the balloons through the red. Stop panicking woman, it is awesome! xx

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Gorgeous card Annette - definitely like "Up"! And the hint of balloon colour through the red one is perfect as are your embellishments .... and of course it would be rude not to play with your new toy now!!!!! ;o)
Helen x

Carole Pollard said...

So sweet gorgeous Love and Happy Crafting Carole x

Sarah said...

This is lovely Annette and yes, I spotted the ballooons...very clever!! Barry looks like he's having a great time!! Have a lovely weekend xx

Mojca said...

Waw such gorgeous card and I love your pretty bow, have to get one myself, looks really pretty. hugs! Mojca

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous papers, gorgeous Barry and gorgeous colouring too... Love it :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Chrissy said...

Fabulous Barry Annette..love the sky and your colouring and the balloons..gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Carol S. said...

Lovely card anf love all the clouds. Cute image. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous card and beautifully coloured image!
Helen x

Elaine said...

Totally gorgeous card Annette.
I think your pearls and ribbon are the perfect embellies...it needs nothing more, the image shines and those papers are far too pretty to cover up.

Big hugs
Elaine xxx

(I will take plenty of photos, before and after, of the craft room but we can't start it until June!)

Unknown said...

really cute card Anette! the image is perfect for that background papers!!! love it! and.. a bow maker??? I need to look that up! I really struggle with bows!!! Thank you so much for joining us in our Animals challenge at Crafty Catz !
Mirella DK
DT Crafty Catz challenge – Cute and Crafty Cards by Mirella

Teresa Kline said...

darlin card, luv your coloring. so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Jennifer said...

Fabulous card, Annette. Very clever how you have coloured the balloons...brilliant in fact!

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

The Craft Bucket said...

So sweet, love it. Thank you for playing along with my theme at PFP this week & good luck. Jane x

Larissa said...

Very lovely! Love the cute design papers. The double bow is really pretty.

-xxx-