Tuesday 13 June 2017

Bedtime Stories

I'm so proud to be sharing my project with you today as a guest designer for Crealies.

I've been a fan of Crealies for a long time, especially the large nesting dies and box templates which make cute little gift boxes so easy to make.

But today, I'm sharing a card and matching bookmark tag made with a range of gorgeous products.

On my card I've used one of my favourite circle nesting dies which come in extremely generous sizes to suit all cards without squashing the space around the image.  I also love that it's got a pierced edge which gives it fantastic texture.


I've also used two 'on the edge' dies, one to shape the card base, and the other to create a banner for my ribbon strip.  Again both of these have stitched or pierced edges which give a fantastic finish to the die-cut edge.

I've used a beautiful layered flower die set which I've chalked to add more dimension and combined it with a large pearl in the centre.

The image is 'Bedtime Stories' from Lili of the Valley and I've also made a matching bookmark tag using my large Crealies tag die which also has pierced edge texture.  The tag is really large, and you can see it measured up against the card which, like most of my card bases, is 6x6.

Finally, I've used a fantastic background stamp from Crealies called 'stones' behind the teddy bear to make it look like he's propped up against a wall.  I masked the bear and stamped the bricks either side of him in a pale grey water-based ink. I then my paintbrush to give the stones some detail with some more ink afterwards.

I hope you like my project and thank you again to Annelies and Ingrid for the opportunity to showcase my card on the Crealies blog.






Card Recipe:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



4 comments:

Carol S. said...

A beautiful card and love the adorable image. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Little K Smith said...

A gorgeous card Annette, I love this sweet image and you've coloured it beautifully :)
Kelly.x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh my goodness I love this so so SO much Annette! That paper is divine!!! Such a stunning image and love the way you put it all together, the inked bricks are fabulous! All those Crealies goodies are just perfect on these two fabulous creations. Stunning job hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo (P.S. Check out my blog later today, inspired by your clocks!)

Anne said...

Beautiful card and tag, I love the papers you've chosen.
I have a few Crealies dies but didn't know they did stamps, I really like how you've used the stones what a great effect

Anne x