Thursday 12 April 2018

Rose

I've been playing with some other colouring mediums lately (like my Zig Brush markers and also my DoCrafts Artiste watercolour markers), but my go-to 'safe place' always has to be my DI reinkers. I'm forever learning with them and I have some favourite blends that I use all the time, but I may have gone a bit overboard with the shadows on today's image because there is quite a bit of depth in the petals!  

Ultimately I really like watercolouring with the inks - it's therapeutic although it does take me about 3 times longer than using Copics!

I matched her with rose petal papers called 'Always and Forever' from LOTV (available from Nitwits as digi papers now). Come and share your favourite colouring medium with us this fortnight at As You Like It Challenge.





Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:
  • Hair/Ground: Hickory Smoke, Black Soot
  • Skin: Tattered Rose, Tea Dye, Worn Lipstick
  • Greens: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss
  • Reds: Candied Apple, Barn Door, Fired Brick, Aged Mahogany

Card Recipe:

I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



10 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love these girls and the rich red is beautiful

Carole Pollard said...

Wonderful a gorgeous stamp and beautiful colouring so lovely Love and hugs Carole x

Elaine Stark said...

A fab image beautifully coloured. Elaine

Carol S. said...

She has been beautifully coloured Annette and love the colours. Pretty papers too. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Sarah said...

A-maz-ing!! Fab painting Annette and such a tricky stamp too, I know, I have her and have inked and abandoned on no less than four occasions!! xx

Anne said...

I’m just making some cards myself with those papers, not many left in my pad.
This is very pretty - the shadows look amazing in the flower, you’ve done a fabulous job colouring it
Have a great weekend
Anne x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Your colouring is amazing Annette, always, always amazing! Whatever medium you work in. I could get lost in it!! Love your fabulous card and the 'depth' in the petals is just perfect. Gorgeous creation hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Fikreta said...

so pretty card!

Lady Joyful said...

This is so sweet! The papers go with the image beautifully. Thank you for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Melanie said...

A wonderful card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional friends/friendship” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…