Saturday 24 December 2022

Have a Cracking Christmas

As per usual, I had over-optimistic hopes of making more of my Christmas decorations this year, including reworking on old festive garland for my fireplace, but as per usual I'm now accepting those ideas will have to be repeated (and likely failed again) next year.  But one project I have managed to complete is my Christmas Crackers.

There are 5 of us for Christmas Day, and I purchased a set of 5 mini-torches (that turned out to be not-so-mini) for the gifts.  Because they were larger than I'd expected I had to make the crackers fairly large, and they actually are made to fit, so you can probably see how large they are.

I've watercoloured and die cut 5 pingus ready to 
decorate my Christmas table! As well as its torch gift, each cracker contains a paper hat, a snap and a semi-personalised corny Christmas joke.

The crackers are all colour co-ordinated (yes, I really am that fussy!!!) so their contents (hat and torch) all match the colour of the pingu's outfit. The pretty papers are a digi from Nitwit Collections which I've printed onto some Smooth White Card 160gsm

I fear that all my attention to detail will be completely lost on my family who will happily watch my heartbroken smile droop when they pull, snap and rip their carefully crafted crackers open at the Christmas table.













Designed for:
Amanda Jayne Designs
Papermill Direct

Water-coloured on Ecoline Watercolour Card with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:
  • Penguins: Hickory Smoke, Black Soot, Tattered Rose, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge
  • Green: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss
  • Blues: Prize Ribbon
  • Purples: Milled Lavender, Wilted Violet
  • Reds: Candied Apple, Fired Brick, Aged Mahogany
  • Silvers: Speckled Egg
Card Recipe:
I've been inspired by:
  • Simon's Wednesday Challenge - Party
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



1 comment:

dolcreations said...

These are beautifully done! I wanted to make these as well...and never got to making them! SO now I have your post to inspire me to get cracking for next year! Have a wonderful Christmas!