Tuesday 28 May 2013

I've Fallen Under Your Spell

The theme today at Top Tip Tuesday is numbers.

It was my wedding anniversary last week, and hubster is most insistent that when I make him a card I should not put any kind of cute bear on it whatsoever.  (he spoils all my fun!!).

So, this card has no bears.  I've also kept it C&S so it doesn't have much else on it in the way of embellies either!!

Unfortunately for me, hubby likes zombies, collecting vintage razors, and fantasy / sci-fi books.  Since I think neither zombies or shaving are very romantic for an anniversary card, my card has a fantasy / magical theme.

My typed sentiment says 'I've fallen under your spell' which was the most romantic spell-themed sentiment I could conjure up !!

'Conjure', get it !?

I'll get my coat......


Now as it happens, hubby (who can never remember my birthday but is usually very reliable at remembering when we got married) forgot it was our wedding anniversary until 10pm the night before.  By then the local petrol station / Spar shop was shut so he had to admit that he'd not got me an anniversary card to give me the next day.  He seemed more upset about it than I was, probably because I had already assumed he had forgotten because he'd not mentioned it.  Although I was secretly hoping he was going to surprise me with something nice!!!)

Anyway, he was so upset that when he got home from work the next evening (our anniversary night), he spent an hour at my craft desk using my stuff to make me a card using an image he'd found on the internet.

So when I got home from work later that evening, knowing I like pink and blue (and bears) he handed me this:


He said that colouring it took him ages, and also made his eyes "go funny", so he doesn't think he'll be doing it again.  But he was rather proud of it as a first attempt at card making, especially when I said I'd rather have him make one than buy one from the shops.  :0)




See my cards available to buy on eBay
eBay


My Card Recipe (sorry I've no idea where hubby's image comes from to give credit):
I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting.

12 comments:

Sarah said...

What a lovely story Annette, I had a computer generated Valentine's card from Martin - a picture of me and my horse!!! So a HUGE gold star to your hubbie for colouring in and everything!! Your card is wonderful too by the way!! x

nnalorac said...

a lovely story annette, mine's excuse is always, don't want to insult u with a bought one! great getout line isn't it! excuse my awful typing,back not good at mo. carolxx

nnalorac said...

oops must be brain washed too, forgot to mention, love ur card and hubby, he did an awesome attempt, love his choice of image,you lucky girl. hope the hols going at a slower pace than the start off! carolxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Aww Netty, that is such a lovely story! Bless him for having his heart in the right place! What a stellar job he did too!! Not bad at all for a first attempt, bow, gems and all!!! I hope you had a really special night together. Your card is fa-bu-lous! Love the images and your wonderful coloring. I love that pared back finish, brilliant job! You 'conjured' up the perfect card! ;) Hugs, Wends xxx

Lisa Minckler said...

Your card to your hubby is perfect! The coloring looks amazing and I always love how you ground the images with an outline. Congrats to your man for creating you a one of a kind Anniversary card. The pink and blue bears hugging are adorable! That has to mean more than a bought one. :)
My son collects vintage razors as well and old medicine bottles..LOL. Had to laugh when I read your husband does do.
Hope you had a blissful day together :)
hugs,
Lisa xx

Mojca said...

Oh those man :) always the same story! well at least mine is the same :)))) but oh yours really put a lot of energy in to the card so all is forgiven hehe ... and your card is just beautiful, I just love the sentiment so much! hugs! Mojca

Donna said...

Fantastic card, gotta love a bit of HP and your colouring is amazing. Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake :) Donna ♥ x

Anonymous said...

Brilliant card Annette! I love all the images you have put so magically together! works a treat!

and Paul's card is great love him! for doing so well under pressure too! bless!
hugs me x

suzanne2 said...

hmmm zombies, razors, doesn't want cutie bears on his card. I was beginning to think your hubby couldn't possibly be romantic and then he goes and does something like this, how cute is he!
such a lovely card and one to treasure. awww the big ole softie! LOL

Melissa Bove said...

Very sweet card! Love the adorable scene you created!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Unknown said...

Both of your cards are stunning!Thanks for joining my challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Love the card from your hubby - had to laugh at the razors and zombies :)

Deanne :)