Thursday 28 February 2019

Spring Bunny (with added bees)

The new challenge at As You Like It Challenge is layers (one or many), and I admit that I struggled with this theme a bit.  It seems that even my most clean and simple cards aren't just one layer, but nor do I layer up papers on my most embellished cards either.  

Since I decided against a single layer card, my only other option was to go for a fully loaded creation, which has plenty of layers of non-paper items in my 'go-to' layout.  

I even added an extra layer of ribbon by popping some organza underneath the satin and a double layered bow! 

I've used one of the new bunnies (released Tuesday) from Lili of the Valley.  I used the digi version and he's been printed very pale before being watercoloured with my trusty DI reinkers.  Finally I've added a couple of dinky buzzy bees from a clear stamp set, because I felt like bunny needed to be 'looking' at something.


Water-coloured on Langton Watercolour paper with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers:
  • Bunny: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo, Tattered Rose, Hickory Smoke
  • Grass: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss
  • Sky: Tumbled Glass
  • Flowers: Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry, Wild Honey

Card Recipe:

I've been inspired by:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



4 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Adorable and love the added bees

Sarah said...

A lovely card,those bees are very sweet xx

Fikreta said...

Love this super cute card!

Elaine Stark said...

This is so sweet. An adorable card. Elaine